Which Of Our Youngsters Would You Play?

Chris

Greg Tempest - He's shown a good learning curve, pretty sound and a player I'd like to see feature more. With more game time I see Greg easily being the type of player we require to produce.

Tyrell Waite - From what I have seen (which is all his main features) he's a very gifted forward. He can pass, make space, run, take on players and importantly he's shown signs of knowing how to score.

Curtis Thompson - He's a little raw and almost school boy like but when he gets the ball, he isn't afraid to take on players! He's looked very mature and gifted in some games, especially when played in midfield. At Liverpool he shown no signs of nerves and helped us on our breaks against them.

Kyle Dixon, Haydn Hollis and Fab's are players with great promise - Fab's could very well be our first team keeper next year! I would definitely try to feature all these 6 when possible.

Which three youngsters/home produced players do you rate and why?

any that sign a professional contract i would consider having on the bench every now or then, with the intention of featuring as many as possible when i can. greg tempest should be a first team player!

not sure about the rest but they need game time.

I think game time is the important thing here. With characters like Arquin, Labadie and Fozzie still on the books, they might not get a shout as Derry will feel obliged to pick the senior pros like he has been doing so far with Fozzie. For me Tempest should be first team rather than Fozzie or Labadie or on recent performances since Lids got injured, Boucs as well.

Waite seems to me to be ready to give it a go. Why struggle to finish (even though imo thats not been the issue, service for the forwards, whoever they me be has been the problem.) when a hungry goal getter is sitting there playing once a month in a casual game?

Thompson? Not too sure yet. The situation calls for cool heads, but saying that the senior pros aren't performing again so why not?

Have you seen Waite playing for the youth team or Ilkeston because I'm not sure you could have got that much information from his few cameo's hes had for the first team.

The only one I'd give a go would be Fabian Speiss but seeing as he's injured and Bart is in good form there's no point. I don't think any of the others are a great improvement on what we have, sad as that may be.

Have you seen Waite playing for the youth team or Ilkeston because I'm not sure you could have got that much information from his few cameo's hes had for the first team.

The only one I'd give a go would be Fabian Speiss but seeing as he's injured and Bart is in good form there's no point. I don't think any of the others are a great improvement on what we have, sad as that may be.

Saw him quite a few times for Il'son. He looked rough around the edges, but assuming the point of bringing him here a few years ago was to coach him in a pro way then he now deserves the chance to try the first team.

I've seen Waite play for the dev squad, he's ok done in the games I've seen and played well alongside Coombes. I haven't seen him at Ilkeston, I know some of their fans was impressed by his debut. These youngsters need work though, only one way to improve and that's to feature them.

If we plan to have a successful youth system, we need to be able to establish them within our own squad and get them league experience.

I'm pretty keen to see Kyle Dixon given a go personally.

I think we have some gifted players, I am not sure how many have a full future with us but some show signs of being useful. Tempest is one I would like to see feature more, he's done well. I don't really rate Thompson personally, Dixon I think is unlikely to progress with us.

They all need to feature at some point, it is hard to judge other wise.

Tempest, for me is a strange one. I'm not saying he lacks ability, but when he runs he looks a bit like Bambi on Ice. Cant just be me?

LOL... I think he runs differently when nervous, he's pretty confident when he's given a run in the squad which makes him seem calmer.

Right now my side would be:

Bart,  Dumbaya, Hollis, Smith, Sheehan,  Boucard,   Campbell Ryce, McGregor, Tempest,    Murray, Coombes

If we get Freeman, then he would instantly swap with Dumbaya, if Liddle wasn't injured he would replace Boucard.

My subs would currently be. Pilks, Holt, Thompson, Waite, Haynes.

This is assuming that Speiss is still injured. McGregor is going to be the big miss for me, if he has to go back.

And we have to play my very much preferred 4,1,3,2

Archived