Labadie Rejoins Gulls On Loan

Joe Jones

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Joss Labadie has rejoined Torquay United on a month's loan.

He went to TQ1 towards the end of last season, scoring four goals and helping the Gulls retain their League status.

Labadie will go straight into their squad for tomorrow’s game against Morecambe at Plainmoor.

What do you guys reckon to this development? Can we really afford to be losing a first-team member for a month? Is it part of a larger malaise?

Thoughts please!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had (still have) big hopes for him, he's an odd player because he's got the body to be a good player. He looks fit, quite speedy and an eye for goal but he hasn't applied himself all the time. I do feel he's useful but perhaps not as a starting 11 player, so a loan move for him will perhaps help. I do slightly hope we give him time, he could very well adjust but we will see.

Good signing for them!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

What ever happened to the likely lads?

This seems to be something which could sum Joss up, he went from the making of a cult hero after his return from his last loan spell. To a player who seemed to be battle with his own ego and feet, this said I am hopeful we can help him establish himself. If this is not "goodbye", I would not mind seeing him return but not as someone guaranteed a starting place.

Good Luck Joss!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

i think we have better players then him solet him go out on loan tho i would of rather sold him them loan him out.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm sorry, But i'm with Wey on this one. He's had plenty of opportunities in a Black & White Shirt, to no avail! I may have read 1 or 2 performances this season where he played well.

League 2 standard at best. Good Luck Joss, Hopefully not back at Notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I can't say I am surprised at this he certainly endeared himself to the Gulls fans on his last loan spell, good luck to him.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

1 gone. A few more left to ship out though.

labadie-4-tranmere-rovers-640x48080-1067

PUBLISHED

14:27 3rd January 2014

by Notts County Media Team

Notts County midfielder Joss Labadie has rejoined Sky Bet League 2 side Torquay United on a one-month loan deal.

Labadie, who has made 21 appearances for Notts this season, enjoyed a productive spell on loan at Plainmoor towards the end of last season, scoring four goals in seven games for the Gulls.

The 23-year-old returned from a short injury lay-off to take his place on the substitutes' bench for Notts’ game against Bradford City on New Year’s Day.

He’ll now be looking to get more regular first team action on his return to the south-west, where he joins former Notts trio Kevin Nicholson, Krystian Pearce and Karl Hawley.

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/labadie-rejoins-gulls-on-loan-1273398.aspx#csviGRY3YCsTuAyu.99

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

yeah im afraid he can go, no doubt he could be a good player but shows little signs of wanting it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Even from commentary and match reports it seems he was always a yard or two off pace, and this is what led to his poor tackling.

Let him go out on loan, it may just be the making of him (again).

Archived