Leaked US documents reveal western Special Forces operating inside Ukraine

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Introduction:

Welcome to our forum discussion on the recent leak of classified US documents. As reported by BBC News, dozens of documents, some marked "top secret," have been leaked and are circulating on the internet. These documents offer a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, as well as information on China and allies. The leak has raised questions about the security of classified information and the implications of such leaks on global affairs.

What are your thoughts on this leak? Do you believe it is a cause for concern? How do you think the leak will impact international relations? Join the discussion and share your insights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65238951

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i hate when things like this are leaked, it makes you wonder who would do it because nobody benefits. it just makes countries like russia, china and north korea more paranoid. its just a stupid thing to do, which if something like this is done, better protection of keeping it restricted should be prioritised.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well, I would say it's typical of Americans to loosely allow secret documents that are of this nature freely become leaked. They can keep documents censored for years, but something which could spark war, worse retaliation or just further madness isn't protected well enough.

Then again, it's the type of thing I could see someone leaking because someone higher up suggested it.

You know, the old: "We didn't want this getting out, but here you go, don't tell anyone." - now the media can freely report on what we've found out, so that it can cause mass hysteria. Maybe, even to force people to read too much into the politics of what is happening. It's just incredibly stupid and @liampie sums things up very well.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The suspect of the leak has been arrested in the US. Jack Teixeira, a 21-year-old US Air National Guardsman, has been apprehended. He appears to have leaked the full documents after failing to generate attention in his Discord group, where he was supposed to release snippets of the information to a small group.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/13/pentagon-leaked-documents-suspect-arrested

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Will this mean he will be tried for treason? It's quite serious to leak these sorts of things; it's not something you should do to gain followers. At least Snowden did it out of the public's interest.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

"Throw away the key," I would say. I would be annoyed if his mental state became an excuse. You don't get a job with the military, leak important documents just because you wanted people to pay more attention to you. That's a di** move.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Well, I would imagine that the United States will seek to file the most severe charges. It is not very wise to do so. I mean, leaking them in his videos is one thing, but putting the whole documents out there without covering your tracks seems to be a very foolish move.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

I obviously can't say what the coverage has been like in the UK, but here in the States it has caused a lot of concern. When the story broke, it was all the news casters would talk about and there were discussions about why anyone would leak it. Naturally, the wrong conclusion that the person was a spy potentially working with Russia was discussed.

With Joe Biden's recent visit to Ireland, skeptics were making theories. It has become quite tiresome. When news went live that the suspect had been captured, I thought about how social media is destroying the minds of young people. I actually felt sorry for the lad in some ways; it has ruined his life and career. Getting a job in the future may be extremely difficult. Now, I'm not taking anything away from what he did - it was clearly idiotic - but it does make me wonder if people would be better off without these streaming platforms and social media.