Sign:

Jodi Jones

Mair

Thoughts and views?

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

There are rumours that Jim O’Brien will be appointed as a coach at Sheffield United. I think it would be wise to keep Connell Rawlinson for another season as he could be useful as a backup defender. It would be good to have a better pairing at the back, but then we would need to find more playing time for Richard Brindley. I prefer him playing out wide, so maybe we could try him as an alternative right wing-back?

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@allardyces tash I think it is difficult for Rawlinson to play in a back 3 at a higher level, not blessed with the best footballing ability to pass or have the speed needed for a back 3?

Also release Kairo too

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I think Cameron and Nemane will stay, wouldn't be surprised to see Rodders end up in L1 though. I'm on the fence about Rawlinson and Vincent - both would do just fine in L2 (and Rawlinson gives us more aerial presence at the back), but I can imagine them being released to accommodate new signings.

On 14/05/2023 at 20:47, allardyces tash said:

There are rumours that Jim O’Brien will be appointed as a coach at Sheffield United.

He's already a coach at their academy. In his interview he said that he wants to do it all again next season, so he's clearly hoping for a new deal. I'd try to keep him on board as a player-coach - it's really important to have personalities like JOB on board behind the scenes.At the same time, he's a squad player who rarely played 90 minutes in the NL and would probably find his opportunities more limited next season, so it's hard to justify keeping him just as a player.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i would keep slocombe i think he can still be one of the best keepers in league two.

francis and mitchell is the only player i would have a release marked as.

i hope jim o rbrien stays because hes a good experienced player, vincent could improve with game time again. rawlinson is fine to be given another year deal.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I think Jodi Jones will be offered a contract. Norwich see Mair as one for the future so they are unlikely to sell him but I think they would let him come to County on a season long loan. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I reckon Kyle Cameron and Aaron Nemane will sign new deals too. They've both been playing well and seem happy in our team. As for Sam Slocombe, I can see him finding a new League Two club as well, it might be the right time for him to move on.

Jim O'Brien is a tough one to call - I hope he stays with us for another season, but I've read those coaching rumours as well. It's understandable if he wants more time with his young lad. Ruben Rodrigues, fingers crossed, should commit for one more season. I don't think he's in talks with other clubs just yet, and Notts will likely have been keeping the conversation going during his time away.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, let's see what happens!

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@AmericanPie I can see your prediction and thoughts coming true, I don't think Kyle Cameron will leave. He's settled, and I am not sure any clubs that might be interested can match or better what we offer him right now.

Ruben Rodrigues is the main one, whilst I do agree that he may sign a new deal. I could see something like what happened with Cal Roberts occurring during the season.

In any case, we really need the majority of the players offering new deals to agree upon them.

• Like 1