Broad Marsh/ Lister Gate 1960's

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I can just about remember walking from the old Broad Marsh open air bus station through to Lister Gate as a kid.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its a right mess now, all the time spent on it and we end up with a very ugly futuristic car park, a walkway that still looks like a road and an eye sore where broadmash used to stand.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

They tried to get levelling up money from the government but of course being a labour area it was refused twice but Mansfield Tory area got funds and a visit from Gove.

If that’s too political please delete mods.

• Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It is a mess now, they shouldn't have gone all in on demolishing everything if they couldn't budget for it. It won't be long before it sees the taxes going up. I'm still annoyed about the money which went into the Vic Centre refurb from the council. Plus the money wasted bailing a failing energy company, the list is endless, and I am bothered enough to list them all. My brother would happily do this though - he did earlier when we were at @super_ram's as he is annoyed about the decision not to allow us to celebrate our promotion.

The history in the picture is mostly lost, our older buildings looked much better than some of this modern stuff.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

In my opinion, Nottingham is not handling the redevelopment of certain areas correctly. The council seems more concerned with trying to make the city appear larger than it is, rather than respecting its heritage and history. The picture actually makes me feel like our council doesn’t value the city’s past.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The area looks completely different now and I’m not sure if the changes are for the better. In my opinion, some of the older buildings were more attractive than many of the new ones. Judging from the picture, I can’t imagine people parking in town like they used to.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Observing historical photographs of Nottingham evokes nostalgic memories of my upbringing in this vibrant city. Over the years, as I matured, a multitude of transformations occurred, altering its landscape exceedingly. When I revisited the city a few years prior, I was astonished by the extent of these changes. The bustling atmosphere seemed overwhelming for the relatively modest size of Nottingham.