Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Who’s going to watch this one?

I’ll be rooting for Sheffield Wednesday as I have a friend who’s a big Owls fan and I know how much it means to him to get back to the Championship.

Come on you Owls. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would rather see Sheffield Wednesday gain promotion, as it should be better for Derby.

I don't rate Barnsley enough to suggest they should go up, but I do like their ground. It would be fun if they stayed in League One until we managed to get back up there, I'd love to do that away game mid week again. :D 

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'd watch it, but it's on DAZN and I'm not made of money!

I've got family who are Barnsley fans so I'd have to go for them, but I've got no ill will against Wednesday either. May the best team win.

Barnsley have got a good traditional away end behind the goal, and Wednesday's ground is nice and old school. Both of them would be a great away day in the not too distant future. Would be great to see Notts compete at that level again. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

Frankly, I say this with the utmost respect, but I remain indifferent to both teams' outcomes. Neither Sheffield Wednesday nor Barnsley share any personal connection with me. Sheffield Wednesday may be the more prominent club, however, Barnsley have undoubtedly achieved notable success at higher levels in the past.

Ultimately, it is up to the football gods to determine the future for these clubs, and we can only watch the events unfold with interest.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i think the better and bigger team won, barnsley would most likely come straight back down and there is nothing fun about that 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Either team could have won for me, but I find it funny that the son of a die-hard United fan scored the goal that sent Wednesday up to the Championship. That’s a little bit of poetic irony, I think!

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Fair play to Sheffield Wednesday; I think they deserved the win out of the two teams. I caught the highlights, and both teams really went for it.