Exiles: How do you follow Notts County from overseas

TheSkipper

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts County may not be the most famous or successful club in England, but they have fans all over the world who love them. If you are one of them, you know how hard it can be to keep up with the Magpies from afar. You may face challenges such as time differences, limited coverage, expensive subscriptions, or lack of fellow supporters.

But don’t worry, you are not alone. There are many ways to support Notts County from abroad and connect with other fans. In this forum post, we want to share some tips and tricks for international fans who want to follow the Magpies as closely as possible. Whether you are a long-time fan or a new one, we hope you find this useful and helpful.

Where are you from, and how did you become a Notts County fan? How do you watch or listen to Notts County matches from abroad? What are some websites or apps that you use to get the latest news and updates on Notts County? How do you interact with other Notts County fans online or offline?

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Being an exiled fan can be tough, especially when it comes to keeping up to date with Notts County. That's where fan sites come in. They can help keep us involved, allow us to stay connected with the club and other supporters, and even help us feel like we're part of the action.

One important aspect of any fan site is the range of content it offers. From match reports and highlights to interviews, player profiles, and transfer news, having a diverse selection of material can make all the difference. The continuous flow of content has the power to evoke feelings of excitement, anticipation, and insight that can take us directly into the action and keep us feeling part of the club.

That's why the Pride of Nottingham is such a fantastic resource for Notts County fans. Not only is it packed with informative content to keep us informed of everything happening with the team, but its vibrant community connects supporters and keeps the passion of fans burning, fostering positive vibes across the club, the community, and beyond.

From opinion pieces to in-depth features, the Pride of Nottingham delivers a comprehensive fan experience. Even better, its social media accounts, particularly Twitter, offer a live feed of Notts County news and opinions, making sure that fans who can't physically attend matches are never disconnected from the pulse of the club.

Ultimately, the Pride of Nottingham can make a major difference to Notts County fans who find themselves on the other side of the world or simply too far from home to make it to games. It can help keep us cheered up with articles, features, interviews, videos and forum discussions, that offer an opportunity to share our support and love for the club with a community who shares our passion. For that, we can be most grateful. Here's to the wonderful team behind the Pride of Nottingham!

• Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i think there are many good resources online for exiles but from a community aspect, there is none better than pon. i think being informative to exile fans is the key and i believe this is the reason why we have quite a few, even if not all of them are active i am sure more read the site because our content is spot on.

giving them a hub area to discuss with fans, who appreciate that they cant make games is a bonus.

there is a real togetherness which helps.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What works for exiles, is the same thing that works for regular fans - I think it just tends to be appreciated more because exiles gain their insight from sites like PON. Whereas regular fans have a first-hand account of games, what's happening and those comments are relayed through to a community. I am sure there are many more things I should note, but I am curious to read what others have to say.

With this in mind, I will be taking notes as it's very important. :D 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

If you are a Notts County fan living away from Nottingham, you might feel a bit isolated and disconnected from your beloved club. That’s why sites like the Pride of Nottingham are so beneficial for exile fans. They provide a platform for you to interact with other Magpies supporters, share your opinions and memories, and stay updated on the latest news and events. You can also enjoy exclusive content such as interviews, podcasts, videos, and more.

But even if you are a local fan who can attend matches regularly, you will still find the Pride of Nottingham useful. It’s not just a website, it’s a community of passionate and loyal fans who care about the club and its history. You can join the discussions on the forum, participate in competitions and quizzes, and contribute to the fanzine. You can also show your support for the club by buying official merchandise from the online shop.

The Pride of Nottingham is more than just a fan site. It’s a place where you can express your love for Notts County and connect with fellow fans from all over the world. Whether you are an exile or a local, you are welcome to join the Pride of Nottingham family.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

When i first moved, I was mostly limited to reading, but live commentary, streams and highlights are much easier to come by than in the past. I really enjoyed the NL stream, and I'll definitely treat myself to an iFollow subscription next season. With online communities like PON, you can stay in touch and share your thoughts wherever you are in the world, this is one way that the Internet can bring us all together.

Oh, and I particularly like crowd footage and photos posted on YouTube and elsewhere, it brings the matchday experience much closer. Thanks to everyone who shares 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I am not an exile. I manage to attend games, but I do wonder what overseas fans think of such a site existing. It’s quite informative and I use my phone to post, so that’s a benefit that everything is so friendly to my device.

If there are any fans who can’t attend, I would welcome reading your feedback on this.