Help Our Moderation Team by Reporting Issues

PON_News

59 minutes ago, Robbie said:

@Chris @Fan of Big Tone I thought originally that a pop up message similar to when a mod modified either the name of a thread or puts a thread in another forum that was placed in the wrong forum, would come up in a reply to a reported post. Wouldn't that be easier?

If users don't see the feedback and the feature has changed so that responses are only internal, I will make sure that alerts are used as a means to inform people. 👍

• Like 2

Supporter+

There seems to be a problem with some graphics & green, yellow & blue in the background.

@Chris

I recently changed the postbit style, so that it looks better, and I'm wondering if this has caused some knock on effects. If you managed to be able capture a screenshot, @Robbie that would be useful.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Here is a screenshot @Chris

Screenshot_20241024-235156.png

• Love 1

The green around my display/Avatar means I'm online, if it's grey the member is either offline or has set their account to be shown anonymously - which removes the visibility of the online status.

My usergroup is yellow, subscribers is blue, mods are orange etc.

There's a few things which needs to be fixed, such as the dark mode of the default theme. Yet what you are seeing us out new post bit, which brings better information to handheld devices.

• Like 1

Supporter+
7 minutes ago, Chris said:

The green around my display/Avatar means I'm online, if it's grey the member is either offline or has set their account to be shown anonymously - which removes the visibility of the online status.

My usergroup is yellow, subscribers is blue, mods are orange etc.

There's a few things which needs to be fixed, such as the dark mode of the default theme. Yet what you are seeing us out new post bit, which brings better information to handheld devices.

That seems ok, but it seems I'm getting colours in the background behind the lettering of the posted posts. Do you see it on my screenshot? It's like a dark shadow with colours in it 

• Like 1

Supporter+

In reply to your post on another thread that you've closed off  @Fan of Big ToneI'd already reported the problem to @Chris on this thread by the correct channels late last night & he was looking into it.

@Wheelbarrow repair man was the first member to come across the glitch when he came on the board late on Thursday night.

There were no mods on the board at that time.

All it needs is for members to be aware of how & where to report issues, like reporting on this thread.

Just a suggestion but maybe there should be at least one mod covering on the board at any one time from say 6 am to Midnight, so that any issues are picked up immediately.

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Robbie said:

In reply to your post on another thread that you've closed off  @Fan of Big ToneI'd already reported the problem to @Chris on this thread by the correct channels late last night & he was looking into it.

Yes I know @Robbie that’s why I closed the other thread and linked to this one.

Regarding Mods being online, don’t forget we are all volunteers and and have lives to live, we do what we can when we can, if a post is reported using the report button it sends an email to mods and the next available mod will generally come online to sort any problems.

In this case it’s something that only @Chris can look into.

• Like 1

You'll have to Excuse Me I didn't realize what this Section was for, it was something I may have glanced at when I first joined PON and then Forgot about, if I get any more Problems regarding Flashing Colours or other Strange things on my Screen, I'll get in touch Via this Comment Section. Apologies.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Robbie said:

That seems ok, but it seems I'm getting colours in the background behind the lettering of the posted posts. Do you see it on my screenshot? It's like a dark shadow with colours in it 

That's the sites background, there's a bit of a transparent effect that allows you to see it. I'm certain areas on laptops/PC's this has been around for quite awhile.

I may remove the effect if it becomes to annoying. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yes I know @Robbie that’s why I closed the other thread and linked to this one.

Regarding Mods being online, don’t forget we are all volunteers and and have lives to live, we do what we can when we can, if a post is reported using the report button it sends an email to mods and the next available mod will generally come online to sort any problems.

In this case it’s something that only @Chris can look into.

I think with mods being sent emails about reports, and then also being sent via PM - that should ensure somebody comes on.

I noticed this due to an email.

Every one to my knowledge has a job, some are in college/uni. Life's very demanding, and I understand the suggestion, but with everyone simply volunteering their time - I don't feel I can ask any one of them to be online at an exact time. I might look into a different solution mind, but I can't promise.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Chris It's not annoying, It just appears more pronounced.

Also the Bookmark, Quote, Report, Edit & like icons at the bottom have faded into that grey shadow somewhat. That's why I thought there was an issue with the graphics.

• Love 1

Just now, Robbie said:

@Chris It's not annoying, It just appears more pronounced.

Also the Bookmark, Quote, Report & like icons at the bottom have faded into that grey shadow somewhat. That's why I thought there was an issue with the graphics.

I see, I will look into making it less faded, and making the quote buttons stand out more again.

• Love 1