Help Our Moderation Team by Reporting Issues

PON_News

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Robbie: I have been a member of a few communities that didn't allow you to edit anything, which I never understood. It's not like the feature wasn't widely adopted by forum software companies.

There's benefits to SEO, if errors are also reduced. So, there's certainly good points about leaving it open. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The creation of the politics forum, which I will be trialling, made me re-think where the Prediction League forum should be placed. I want it to be as high on the forum page as possible, therefore I have tied it into the 'Match Talk' section as a sub forum. The link to the Prediction League would always remain this: https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/forum/30-prediction-league/

It's worth bookmarking it either here on PON or using your browser.

I understand that some members won't want to see political topics and, I will be advising members who wish not to see the subject. At some stage, I will try my best to introduce a system which will allow members to hide content they wish not to see.

The politics forum can be found underneath the 'Entertainment & News' section.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/forum/33-politics/

Please be sure to read the rules and description in the forum, if it's to be successful - members will need to try their best to abide by them. 👍

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I have just applied a hotfix to resolve an issue with the reason for editing a post not showing to certain members. I can't confirm it's fixed, but I believe it is. The checkbox to show the message seems to have been broken in a prior version or recent update. It's very hard to know.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+
15 hours ago, Chris said:

I have just applied a hotfix to resolve an issue with the reason for editing a post not showing to certain members. I can't confirm it's fixed, but I believe it is. The checkbox to show the message seems to have been broken in a prior version or recent update. It's very hard to know.

👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am aware that the video section isn't being counted to the daily target. This is being looked into and will be addressed ASAP, in addition to other changes. I am in the process of making live the new user post information. 👍

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Chris Don't know if others have noticed this but when I look up unread PON articles, the "articles threads" always remain in bold and never unhighlights itself once I've checked it for new replies.

Every other general unread thread unhighlights themselves once I've checked them out.

• Like 2

Would you be able to screenshot what you mean, @Robbie? I'll take a look. 👍

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Chris screenshot showing an example  of two articles that don't disappear in the unread section after being checked out. 

Screenshot_20240821-171036.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Robbie The star means it's featured. :)

Circle dots show if the content is unread. It disappears when you have, so if you notice the circle re-appear it means there's something new which you haven't seen yet.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

External URL's that have meta support will now embed.

See my example:

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The Daily Post Goal has now been fixed.

Please remember this is to encourage content, and isn't something that is expected to be reached - although we're delighted when the community helps us to reach the target. It's just a bit of fun, and this is just a friendly reminder to encourage activity across the site. 👍

Comments are now enabled to be posted within the video system; just remember to toggle to the "comments" tab in order to share your thoughts. These do count towards the post target, and although I do actively encourage members to support this area with watching the content, reacting and commenting. It's not expected, so if you find yourself in this part of the site and wish to comment please do.

You may have missed a linktree that has been built in-house and has gone live.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/linktree/

This has been updated, to fix a couple of things such as icons in dark themes.

As always, if you notice anything off or a bug - please report it here.

• Love 3

Supporter+

@Chris

To be able to reply to videos is a great feature. It's another way to get views over & initiate a possible discussion too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Robbie: Back in the day, most videos ended up being shared in the Magpies Media forum, but engagement wasn't so popular. Plus, videos tended to be shared around other topics at times which would be more successful. Highlights, for example, would sometimes see its own topic, or end up in the match discussion.

With very few videos being directly ever commented on, I decided to turn off the comments - even after changing video systems. It's worth giving it a go now, as there are far more active members.

I'm considering ways to try and make membership more meaningful, instead of having everything open and, therefore, encouraging people to sign in and contribute. I'm not really a fan of this, but it works for a reason and I think it would motivate interactions. I just need to figure out how to go about it, along with what areas without upsetting things.

Also, it has been suggested recently to make articles first available to members and in time if we can increase the subscribers, make them the priority, so they get a peek before something would go live to everyone else. I do need to re-think the subscription benefits, as most just want to help and aren't bothered about a free print, or a custom portrait etc.

Though I want to get a special print for subs. I have the Les Bradd one I need to get signed, which I offered you and @Michael D P. I can't remember if @Fan of Big Tone or @Dripsey3 wanted one, but they're also two people who should get something, at least to show my gratitide for their support.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m not particularly bothered about having a print or being rewarded for being a subscriber being part of this is reward enough. 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I spent a little time away from PON and there’s always changes in some form or another. I am pleased to see the team member additions, along with the Link Tree and daily post count being fixed. Great job!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@Chris I agree with @Fan of Big Tone I'm happy enough to be part of PON & to help out, & encourage members  to interact..

I try to read interesting old content, & there is a treasure trove of old content that is still relevent today.

Some great comments & articles just waiting to be discovered again

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’m not particularly bothered about having a print or being rewarded for being a subscriber being part of this is reward enough. 👍

I can't tell you how much that means to me, but it's a huge compliment, and it makes me feel like my efforts are appreciated more. ❤️

Some people might need a little something to prompt them to see the good it does by supporting a site like PON. The other day, I had an email from an advertising agency and I strongly considered joining their network. I have always said from day one, I am against ads but if it helped - I would reconsider. I decided against it, even though I could make them go away for subscribers and team members.

I don't like how they overtake a site, make it ugly or cause performance issues - they can rapidly slow down a site and cause slowdowns for visitors devices. I'm also aware a large number have ad blockers active which is counterproductive.

In the future, I hope to serve our own local ads. Where local companies can purchase space for a reasonable fee, you see sites say "we have x impressions" and then want something daft like £70 a month. 😮 Whilst HUGE sites can demand such a fee, it's not practical and nor is it encouraging. I would rather ask for £5-10 for x months and get them to supply various advert graphics.

I'm also keen to get free sponsors on board, with the mindset of charging a reasonable yearly fee. Yet I want to show companies first, that PON is a very good choice and able to help put eyes on products. When JJ was here, we had some success with this, but I find companies to waste time which is frustrating, and then the same places throw money at things that are pointless. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I really need to get the "word of mouth" as that's what got PON involved with helping @NottsCountyFITC. I really need to reach out back to them, as I did earlier in the pre-season but haven't had the time to meet with them. (now Notts County Foundation)

48 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I spent a little time away from PON and there’s always changes in some form or another. I am pleased to see the team member additions, along with the Link Tree and daily post count being fixed. Great job!

It's what happens when you disappear, things change but hopefully for the better! :D 

48 minutes ago, Robbie said:

@Chris I agree with @Fan of Big Tone I'm happy enough to be part of PON & to help out, & encourage members  to interact..

I try to read interesting old content, & there is a treasure trove of old content that is still relevent today.

Some great comments & articles just waiting to be discovered again

Thanks, Robbie. ❤️

Again, it means so much more than what words I could write. I am very grateful for the support; it takes so much pressure off me with the costs involved.

• Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i do like the changes and it feels like pon is coming on leaps and bounds, i really like the link tree and the community incitive. really pleased to see it, there will be quiet days but then there will be even busier than what we are used to. its a give and take thing. :) 

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It's very nice of you Chris but I don't need anything.