Football Manager

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Anyone playing Football Manager?

I'm still playing fm 12, despite having the latest version. (I don't play until the bugs are ironed out) I did start a short version of the new game, which was the youths breaking through and making the team a success and I very much like the direction. I noticed the missing attribute indicator which I will miss.

The version of fm 12, that I am currently playing, I manage West Brom and have taken them back into the Premier League. I have the lower leagues up to the 10th tier and always start with a club lower down, as I prefer to challenge myself. I started off managing Alfreton Town, Mansfield and moved onto Braintree Town, managing them through back to back promotions. My earlier appoints in the game failed down to re-building the team. (I basically buy youths)

My West Brom team is enjoying a successful stint within the league, where my team are easily capable side of finishing within the top 8.

Just wondering how others who play the game are doing, etc. Share your story! :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting stuff Joe, I do play on Football Manager but I mostly play on my Xbox. It's been awhile since I have played the game but I always start with United but I am more of PES gamer.

What year you in? I was in 2018.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

i think if it wasnt for notts joes sites, in his spare time he would mainly be on football manager apart from playing with our kids.

2022 is the year I'm in.

This is a recent game, only a few months old. I tend to be able to pass through it rather quickly, only takes me about two days to complete a season if I get addicted. I do find the game great fun, I used to prefer 'Total Club Manager' now known as 'Fifa Manager' which FM13 looks alot like but I try not spend too long on the game. (doesn't work)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

dont play it joe. i have done before but i haven't for a few years now, like steve i play on my console. fifa is usually, the manager mode on that is pretty fun. i tend to play become a legend mode. tcm was class before it became a bug friendly game, you can't play it without it crashing after a few clicks!

• 11 months later...

I recently converted back to Championship Manager 4, I wanted to manage yesteryear's players. I started off as Notts, managed to narrowly avoid relegation and quickly learned why I appreciated Danny Allsopp. I signed some decent players, following year was much better. I finished inside the play-offs but ended up being thrashed by Plymouth. Year after, I signed aging stars and some upcoming players - I got sacked just after December!! I was 14th, though one win could have pushed Notts up to 9th. We had a game in hand, which if we won that we'd be in an healthy position but after the sacking I found it hard on the game to get a new job.

So, I have now reverted to Football Manager 09. I have to say, I like playing the older versions and not because I know who the stars will be but because I miss the simpler way of handling the game.

I'm currently managing Bohemians, first season I became quickly addicted because I won all the cups and the league title. I decided to do a three year plan, which by the end I want to qualify for the Europa League (although on here it's the UEFA Cup). This year, I am out two cups but winning the league and failing in the All-Irish Cup to which I sit bottom of the group table.

I currently have 5 players waiting to sign from top teams, as I can't sign them until the 1/7 and it's this point I can't wait for.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's strange you should mention this game because I went shopping with Mrs. H this morning and as we were walking round the store my eye caught on Football Manager 2014 it's just out I think, I have never played this before and I was just thinking I might ask Santa to bring it for me. :rolleyes:

The trouble is Mrs. H dragged me off to the vegetable aisle before I had chance to have a proper look at it, can you get it for Mac's? We use Mac's for our main computers so it would have to be Mac format.

PC, Linus and Mac, so yes.

I hear it runs slightly better on Mac's, although I'm not really into the apple brand. I haven't tried the new one, I usually hold of buying it for awhile. It's a good series though, highly addictive and I sometimes multi-task on here whilst playing.

Supporter+

I'll definitely put it on my list for Santa then, I don't think I'll be disappointed because I've been a good boy. :angel:

That's until @GrannyPie and @super_ram put in their thoughts on the matter! ;) haha

You'll enjoy it!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'll definitely put it on my list for Santa then, I don't think I'll be disappointed because I've been a good boy. :angel:

Mmm,that's debatable but your posts have been excellent and mostly on a daily basis,plus you make Granny and me laugh a lot.So I suppose  the good far outweighs the dubious.I hope Santa brings you what you want.

Okay, I've got my signing.

Including one ex Notts loanee and one current player. Kevin Smith, scored 4 goals in his opening debut and then got injured in his next game. :D Joss Labadie keeps getting carded but technically he's sound in this league. I signed Ian Morris (Irish Lad) from Reading, he's been doing very well and he assisted Kevin's debut twice. I have Conrad Logan as a backup keeper, a player on FM I know is good for the Championship and a decent Premier League backup.

I entered the qualification round for the Champions League.

Stormed our way through to the final round, which we was drawn to 'Red Star'. They destroyed us at their ground 3-0 and then 2-1 at ours.

That said, since I made it that far I get selected for the UEFA Cup.

Sporting CP, West Brom and Aris. I feel I can get a result out of West Brom and Aris, if we played well Sporting CP could be a draw. :D

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I am still paying FM12, not often though.

Managed to make Notts Champions League, PL, FA Cup and League Cup champions. 

I then moved on to Bayern Munich, won the Bundesliga and CL. Still at Bayern, but also took the England job on (Big mistake lol)

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've started playing FM14.

It actually runs better than FM13 oddly, I thought my laptop might find it stressful as it suffers heat related issues but it's fine.

Players Signed
David Healy
Emile Mpenza
Salim Kerkar
Stephen Elliott
Frank Simek
Lee Cook
Alex Giokoetxea
Darren Parrett

Players Sold/Released
Jordan Hold - Released
Callum Bennett - Released
Adam Coombes - Released
Andy Haworth - Released
Curtis Thompson - Released
Yoann Arquin - Released (After rejecting to join none other than Mansfield and York both for small fee's)
Jeremy Balmy - Released
Kyle Dixon - Released
Malachi Moore - Released
Ronan Murray - Released
Gary Liddle - Sold to Wigan Athletic for £550k
Tyrell Waite - Loaned out to Alfreton Town
Greg Tempest - Loaned out to Welling
Romello Nangle - Loaned out to Southport

----Current Results-----

League | Sheffield United 1 - Notts County 1 (Haynes 82)
League Cup | Notts county 3 - Shrewsbury Town 2  (Fotheringham 20 - Stephen Elliot 62 and 66)
League | Notts County 1 - Peterborough United 2 (Haynes 62)

I might do a detailed blog about this - I'm not sure! ;)

Nope sadly not, I know people are experiencing issues with black screens.

I haven't had any issues with the game.

The people who are moaning about the tactic system are right to be annoyed, it seems not matter what I do - I am destined to draw? Now I don't believe for a minute this is because I manage Notts.

I tweak the settings based on the following performance and I take the lead, control the game for 70% with about 4 chances we should have score. Hit the cross bar, missed an open net (no I haven't resigned Delroy or Hawley), Great one on one (keeper pulled off an amazing save) and a scrappy clearance. The team I was playing had one lucky break towards the end! two of their players vs 5 of mine and they chip the ball over our defence and score.

Another crazy draw!!!

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

joe or anyone, this is on android right? i might get it for my tablet. is it any good though?

All installed and ready to go.

Just taken over Notts (obviously), and having a look at the squad Graelish is the stand-out player.

McGregor is underrated and will probably terminate his loan. Lots of the young players will be shipped out on loan or frees. 

Bart is another that appears underrated and might have to go. We will see!

Bart's a pretty decent keeper on the game, he's made some big saves for me. I focused on fixing our real life weaknesses - enjoy finding out about the tactics, it's odd the new system changes. I've tried playing with former ideas and still not impressed!

I love the match engine though!!

Supporter+

joe or anyone, this is on android right? i might get it for my tablet. is it any good though?

You can use mine on a PC or a mac.

I'm finding it difficult to find time to play, I lost 4-0 to West Ham in the cup and drew my first league game against Shedf Utd.

Supporter+

You can use mine on a PC or a mac.

I'm finding it difficult to find time to play, I lost 4-0 to West Ham in the cup and drew my first league game against Shedf Utd.

My normal tactic for FM is to bring a lot of players in. This  does upset the balance of the team and the start to the season can be slow.

However, due to financial constraints and some decent players already in the squad, no so much of a change is needed.

My first move is to try and get rid of some of the top earners who's wage does not reflect their ability as much.

JCR is the first victim, a proposed move to MK Dons for 100k. I'm fairly happy with this, there are better players available and JCR is 30.

Moved out most of the youngsters on loan. Can't believe that Tempest is on 1k a week! 

Tried to get Craig Gordon in, accepted contract but unfortunately failed the medical. May be for the best, would be injured a lot I think. 

Archived