• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

The way, Notts made it sounded it was as if a group of players would be attending not just two. 😆 Well, it's better than none at all but the picture setup with the trophy is pretty shoddy.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, BlackandWhitePie said:

The way, Notts made it sounded it was as if a group of players would be attending not just two. 😆

Usually, it does tend to be just two players. I think the most I've known it to be was five with Nathan Thomas being the then new signing. The players weren't around for long; they stood talking in a huddle and then walked off. To Thomas' credit, he did make a fuss of every young fan, but I think the leaving was pretty much the culture then. Our players now do seem a lot closer to the players.

2 hours ago, BlackandWhitePie said:

Well, it's better than none at all but the picture setup with the trophy is pretty shoddy.

I believe that the problem lies mainly with the photographers themselves. If someone with a basic understanding of photography were taking the photos, they would make sure to capture the background entirely within the frame and ensure that everything is properly centred. The Rule of Thirds is something to keep in mind.

Some won't care if the background isn't framed well; cropping on larger pixel devices can help with that.

Yet I have seen many where the framing is out, and it ends up looking nowhere near as good as the photo Notts took. I would've volunteered to help the club for nothing, but I think all those days when I went out of my way isn't something that is appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not bothered. I think for some fans it will be great, but I’m not fussed about these things.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
4 hours ago, BlackandWhitePie said:

but the picture setup with the trophy is pretty shoddy.

It’s funny how people see things differently I thought the background was really good, when they said you could have your picture taken with the trophy I thought it would be just that with the shop goods in the background but they’ve gone to the trouble of making a nice backdrop so good for them.

Mind you I’m no photographic expert. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

The backdrop is fine, but the photo could do with one side. It’s the people taking the photos out of frame. After school hours, the club shop will be packed.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I didn’t go, but I would be interested to know if anyone else did. Poor Macca always seems to get roped into all the meet and greets.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

On 13/07/2023 at 22:08, Fan of Big Tone said:

It’s funny how people see things differently I thought the background was really good, when they said you could have your picture taken with the trophy I thought it would be just that with the shop goods in the background but they’ve gone to the trouble of making a nice backdrop so good for them.

Mind you I’m no photographic expert. 

I don't think its the background thats the issue, its the placement and the fact that whoever takes the photo needs to take it within the background, not getting whats surrounding it too.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I didn’t go down; it’s not my thing, and I’m sure I’ll get a chance to see the trophy at some stage. I don’t need to meet Macaulay Langstaff or Connell Rawlinson and have my photo taken with them. It’s great for fans who do! I’m not knocking this; it’s just not my thing. It would be nice to see more fan photos from the past weeks’ photo opportunities.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@CliftonMagpie its the same for me, i dont like the situations but its great for families and fans who are good to the club.

• Like 1