• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

he was never going anywhere, its just idiots trying to leach hits by scaring our fans who quite rightly would be concerned but i think we need to trust the process. i never felt he was going to oxford, i dont trust half of these football website. our fans should trust the bbc, sky and pon to report the truth.

now lets focus on the bradford city game.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It appears highly improbable to me that Luke Williams would abandon the ship mid-season. Notts have everything to offer Luke, including a talented team and a squad that plays for him. Taking on Oxford United would be a significant risk, despite their current success. The problem any new manager faces is that their fans might become disgruntled the moment their performance starts to decline, with the manager instantly being blamed and potentially leading to divided opinions among the fan base. It’s one of those appointments where you need to be certain it’s the right step forward. Williams could be the perfect fit, but no one will know. We can only share our thoughts, wait for things to unfold, and thankfully, all the rumours have been put to rest.

I’ve written a feature on this subject, and it would be appreciated if members could take the time to read, share, and leave a comment. 👍

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

It’s quite shocking that Luke Williams was questioned about this in a press conference before the weekend’s match. East Midlands Today seemed to show him training with the team on their news segment, so it’s hard to understand why some fans still think there’s more to the story. I doubt he would have gone to Oxford and back without hinting at it in his interviews. I thought he would stay at Notts, as the stories and rumours seemed quite dodgy. I don’t believe our owners would want a manager who went for an interview elsewhere. It’s been taken out of context from what Ruben Rodrigues said and because we’re doing well. He will be linked, but it’s nothing more than that.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

Luke Williams appears to be a manager who is dedicated to his players. I can’t imagine him leaving for Oxford. I also don’t believe the rumours that he has had an interview. It seems like fearmongering to me. Thankfully, he has put an end to the rumours. This should satisfy any true Notts fan.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Oxford have appointed Des Buckingham now so that's that.

As for the press conference, I noticed he emphasised that he hadn't been contacted and stopped short of an unequivocal "I'm staying here". The impression I got is that he ignores speculation and would only think about the pros and cons of a potential move if an actual approach is made.

Donning my black and white glasses, I'd prefer an explicit pledge of loyalty. But being realistic, a manager (or head coach) is only ever a bad run away from the sack and has a career to think about.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Luke wasn't going anywhere, he's committed to Notts and he repeatedly shows this.

The title should be 'Luke isn't going anywhere, he's ours'. :D

I can understand the concern from fans, but really, we need to make sure we don't ever give certain misleading places the time of day. I am still seeing fans commenting angrily on pages on Facebook that spread false information. This is exactly what they want; it's a circle of never-ending giving, even if you think it makes them look bad to people outside the loop - it simply doesn't For them spreading false information, click-baiting is merely a shortcut instead of doing hard work.

I'm very much against all this nonsense. I may seem old-fashioned and hung with high principles, but I believe in reputations.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

At some point, probably in the medium term, he is going to leave.  That is just football fact and I think we should embrace it. If Notts keep performing and improving then bigger and bigger clubs will be interested and one will be too good an opportunity to turn down.  The good thing is though, if that does happen we will be in a much better place than we were, and the longer it takes to happen, the better our position will be. As a result we should be able to attract more experienced managers and better players. I have every confidence that our recruitment team have contingencies for when he (or any of our key staff) leave, and we will be fine (and quite possibly kick on again). I would say that Williams is an improvement on Burchnall partly because of the foundation Burchnall had left, and I think the same will be true when Williams leaves. So, I am really pleased he is staying as I think he has unfinished business and is an excellent coach, but I wouldn't be too despondent when he does move on, as we will be fine and we will continue to progress.

• Like 1