England v Malta

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Channel 4 from 7pm.

Who’s watching to see how Jodi performs? I hope he doesn’t get injured. 🙏 

• Like 2

Malta has set themselves up very, very defensively. Jodi Jones is on the bench, I suspect he will come on just after the first half, but they don't really have the quality elsewhere to ask many questions. A few minutes in, they had just had a good chance, but it was terribly placed wide.

They won't have many more chances like that.

Ooo, one of their players are limping. Jodi could come on sooner. 😛 

• Like 3

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ooo, one of their players are limping. Jodi could come on sooner. 😛 

I hope so, they’re losing 1-0 the pundits are predicting a big win for England.

• Like 1

England are getting into the game now, our first was a very unfortunate goal. Nobody seemed to react like it had gone in, which I did think but with the slow reaction I then thought the deflection may have gone behind.

Malta should have tried to pass the ball more when they had the control, because England started off quite messy and clumsy.

Now they're looking brighter by the minute.

• Like 3

Supporter+

2-0 to England, not the most spectacular game if I’m honest, I feel we should have had at least one penalty when the goalie brought Kane down, instead he booked Kane! VAR didn’t even look at it.

Jodie got around 30 minutes and made a couple of runs, he seemed to be playing almost in a centre forward position up front. Thankfully he came off the pitch ant the end of the match uninjured which was my biggest fear, so he’ll be ok for our next match, shame he can’t get back tonight for tomorrows game. :wink:

• Like 3

Malta demonstrated decent form at times, but their control and first touch were lacking. England commenced the game on shaky ground and appeared significantly worse at times. There was no need for unnecessary ball play, but credit to Malta for making a contest of it. The final score doesn’t accurately represent the match, and I don’t believe Declan Rice’s goal should have been disallowed. Harry Kane was also fouled for a penalty. The referees were the most disappointing aspect of the game.

• Like 2

i thought england were quite poor at times they looked like did not want to go forward early on, which deserves credit to malta. i think they back off pressing england which gave them more confidence to attack and at this stage england just grew in confidence. malta had a troubled time defending but i think they should be happy overall, i do think jodi jones should have started because he would have gave them some real quality going forward.

• Like 1

England could have certainly performed better. I believe Harry Kane was left alone for much of the early game, which seemed to benefit Malta more than us. We started to improve once he received support. However, I’m not concerned about the performance or the fact that England only scored twice. The task was completed and that’s all that matters.