Kian Breckin to Notts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Interesting, let’s see what happens, anyone know anything about this lad?

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Interesting, let’s see what happens, anyone know anything about this lad?

I can't say I have heard of him, but doing a quick search it seems City hold him with high regard. They did with Will Patching, so it's all down to how they would get on really. It's difficult to see youngsters breaking into Manchester City's team without them having something special. This could very well be their way of deciding if he's worth hanging onto or if he needs further time out on loan.

Those who think we are just signing loan players now, I think the club is merely wanting to leave space for making permanent signings next season when we know where we are.

I don't think it's anything to do with not having money in the budget to spend on players or a case of not willing to spend it. I would assume that we are contributing to the loan signings wages, as you can usually type which are being paid outright by the parent club quite easily.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Not sure what Notts would see in recruiting another youngster. I would probably look to having someone with plenty of experience, who's been around a bit and done a reasonable, steady job at this level. We need someone with a cool head, who's willing to get stuck in, and put himself about. Someone with a bit of steel in midfield.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i suppose it depends on if he is of real quality, if he is like a callum mcgregor or jack grealish we would not say no. if hes not all that special or ready, i think we could afford to pass on him. it all depends how true the rumours is. just because someone drops notts, stockport and crewe in to the mix does not even mean he will be signed by a league two team on loan.

i will hold my judgement for if he does sign and if not, i will come back to reply on my thoughts on where he does end up at.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

I kind of suspected the January window to be mostly loans, there's not been much movement in terms of permanent transfers so a lot of players aren't becoming available. And if you've got a half decent player clubs aren't going to want to let them go mid-way through the season!

Are Man City going to take into account the minutes we gave to our last academy loanee player, Tipton, all of about 60 minutes in 6 months? 😬

Stockport seems like the obvious choice to me, no idea if the player gets a say but he wouldn't have to move and they can track his progress very easily with all the home games being so local. Who knows though, maybe our style of play will sway it again!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 2