Red Card or just a Yellow, standard of refereeing?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

It was a red card any day of the week, the referee didn't want to challenge the Barrow players, and I think the player in question was named Barrow's Man of the Match. That says a lot because he wasn't very involved in the football, just the negative aspects.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I can’t understand how any referee could see that challenge as only deserving a yellow card. The player went straight through Jodi Jones, with no attempt to play the ball. The challenge was from behind, which is known to increase the risk of injury. The speed at which both players were running made it extremely dangerous. Luca Stephenson is fortunate that Jones didn’t exaggerate the impact of the challenge, because if he had, I think the referee would have taken longer to decide. This says more about us than them.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It should have been a red card. When you’re a skilled player like Jodi Jones, referees don’t provide enough protection to prevent risky challenges. This is also true for Jack Grealish and other players who often get fouled. It’s not fair, but that’s how it is. Jon Stead was often fouled but rarely won a challenge. There’s no doubt, it should have been a red card, even in Sunday league football.

• Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

I felt then and still believe that it should have been a red card. I don’t understand how the referee could have given a yellow card considering the risk involved. No one can deny it was reckless. He went straight through Jodi Jones, and it would have been safer to use a large pair of sharp scissors.

Edited by themightymagpies
  • Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@themightymagpies The referees are supposed to know the rules but many referees still interpret the rules differently and it is the same when it comes to VAR. No wonder that the fans get confused and frustrated with refereeing decisions.