Is it possible to actually rest John Bostock?

JohnTheBost

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a huge fan of John Bostock, but he hasn't performed well lately, and he doesn't seem to be the same player without Matt Palmer. I don't want to unfairly single him out, as most players are responsible for our recent poor form. I'm curious if other fans think the absence of a reliable replacement makes it harder to bench Bostock.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

I don’t think he has been the same since he got injured against Mansfield to be honest, he has really been struggling recently and seems a bit lost without Matty.

I would rest him tomorrow and play Jim in his place instead as it could be a battle. We might get 60 minutes out of Jim and then Colkett can take over.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree @Fozzy I would rest Bostock and bring in O'Brien. I would also rest McGoldrick, even if he is uninjured, and bring in Jatta to support Macaulay on Tuesday.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

I totally agree, at the time I thought he'd come back from his injury too soon as he didn't look right. He hasn't looked the influential player we know he can be since then. We need to make some changes just to freshen things up, him and McGoldrick always play when they're fit and I think they're running on empty right now. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

In these comment sections we fans make our observations  of players and opinion of said players known. The thing is we aren't picking the team that rests solely with Stuart Maynard and his coaching team, so if David McGoldrick says he's fit you can more or less bet he'll be in the Notts team tomorrow evening, because all players want to play and it will be the same with John Bostock unless the Gaffer see's what we the Fans see (that Bostock is a pale imitation of player he was before the Mansfield injury and he does look lost without Matty Palmer) his vast experience will make him a starter for the Magpies vs Sutton.

I totally agree with Fans on here Bostock should be rested, and Jim O'Brien should replace him, because JOB is the nearest thing Notts have to a leader on the pitch. Didzy should also be rested because if he has a slight injury it could become worse, by him trying to play on. Look what happened to Cedwyn Scott. The players problems may be over looked by Stuart Maynard because his main priority is getting Notts back on a winning track.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

We have a tough game on Saturday at Bradford City so that's another good reason to rest Bostock and Didzy. Of course they would be my pick to be on the bench Tuesday evening just in case 

• Like 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Disappointingly, he's very difficult to drop because of the lack of actual cover. I dislike how some fans biasedly defend John Bostock simple because he's a great person and makes a trip to celebrate the fans - meanwhile others can't put a foot wrong. His performances along with David McGoldrick haven't been good enough, at least at home but reputation proceeds whereby it's acceptable. I value both players, but they need to start based on merit and neither should be defended simply for being "Notts" or a "nice guy". Form isn't sentimental and I think a lot of players miss Matt Palmer. Yet some of the poor form is more down to making rash, careless or poor judgement calls in the moment of games.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

he has been making a lot of poor decisions, the amount of times he just sticks his feet in without thought of what might happen. its a vast difference to the man that made everything look so simple. now he reminds me of someone learning to ice skate for the first time, which is embarrassing when you take away the ice and put the person onto a football pitch. maybe it is the injury, but he seems to panic more for no reason. you would expect better from someone of his experience but as of late i can see why other lower teams have allowed him to leave. i think its more will and desire personally that is stopping him from being his best.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

That's football fans for you @Chris, some players are untouchable while others quickly become scapegoats. The problems start when the manager thinks that way too.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Well, he was rested for most of the game and I actually think that Jim did a half decent job and was one of our better performers. It certainly showed after he went off as there was nobody trying to organise or encourage.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Jim O’Brien did provide a temporary solution, but I don’t believe we can depend on him or David McGoldrick to address our deficiencies solely based on their past experiences. John Bostock has the potential to be an excellent player. I believe it would be a top priority to help him regain his best form as he provides significant support in our defence.

• Like 1