Weekend chat Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd March

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning everyone, I’ve got a nasty dose of man flu, I reckon I caught it off @Chris when I read one of his posts. 😂

Mrs. T is pampering me but she refuses to wear a nurses uniform. :huh2:

Anyway I won’t be doing much this weekend but it won’t stop me having a curry tonight, Mrs. T is cooking a nice chicken biryani.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Well I've just taken advantage of a break in the rain to sneak to my local minimarket and pick up a few items to last me to the next Tesco delivery.I'm home again now and it looks like I made a good decision as the dark clouds are returning and now I don't have to venture out if I don't want to.

I'm glad Mrs.T is looking after you well @Fan of Big Tone and I wish you a speedy recovery.Enjoy your curry tonight

3 points each for my two teams hopefully tomorrow so the negative nellies can all calm down a bit.

I've been told to expect a visit from @Chris, @cheeky~k8 and grandkids tomorrow.They were going to come round on my birthday but had to change plans due to unforeseen circumstances which can't be helped.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, whatever their plans may be.COYR  & COYP

• Love 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Are you catching everything that’s happening, @Fan of Big Tone? You might be supporting the wrong sport considering this. I hope you get better soon!

As for me, I won’t be at the Notts game this weekend. I plan to find something else to occupy my time. On Sunday, I don’t have any specific plans, but I might see if anyone I know fancies a kickabout, weather permitting.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Well nothing as interesting as what you guys are doing. 

I completed my three mile walk this morning as I do every day.

Will be in the garden this weekend. First grass cut, if the rain stops.

And of course, listening to the Notts match on radio Nottingham. Hoping for a good result this weekend.

• Like 3

Supporter+
56 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Are you catching everything that’s happening, @Fan of Big Tone? You might be supporting the wrong sport considering this.

I seem to be at the moment @Joshua it’s only the other week I had norovirus. Previous to that I haven’t been ill for ages, it’s all coming in one lump at the moment.

• Sad 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fan of Big Tone you caught your man flu from somewhere else, I haven't had it for some time. Haha...

This weekend I will be turning off my devices and spending 70% of my time in the real world. I won't be paying attention to Notts, I will be visiting Super on Saturday. If I am online, it will mostly likely fall in that 30%, but I really need to stay grounded. I might even talk someone into going for a walk on Sunday, that won't be Super though. He will be busy washing his hair. :D 

• Haha 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yesterday was by far the best day for at least a year, it might come across as I haven't done much on here - but I really needed the downtime.

I know some other members have expressed how frustrating the negativity has been and in result made it less interesting to talk about Notts which is fair enough. For me, it's been nothing about the results but more wanting to spend quality time with my family. My children are of the age where doing things as a family isn't always practical, and I miss this as much as @cheeky~k8 does. I was a bit sleepy at the start, very tired from the week.

Once up, I spent a lot of time around Kate and Ava.

Kate baked some lovely brownies. I am not the biggest fan of chocolate in cakes and I don't like brownies usually, but these are nice. I have only eaten bits of the scrap left behind on the baking paper.

After the Derby game, we started to prepare to go see @super_ram - we wanted to spend time belated to his birthday as we had a few gifts for him. I won't say what @super_pie decided to buy him, but it made us laugh.

It was a really nice time, having a laugh and talking. Asking questions related to a book we bought, Super, that was very interesting. We ordered takeaway as it simplified things, even though dad said he wasn't all that hungry he made work of his burger and chips. I really loved it!

Today, I am catching up with my admin/webmaster duties.

• Love 2

Supporter+

@Chris you can’t beat family time it is so precious so make the most of any time you get to spend together.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Yesterday was by far the best day for at least a year, it might come across as I haven't done much on here - but I really needed the downtime.

I know some other members have expressed how frustrating the negativity has been and in result made it less interesting to talk about Notts which is fair enough. For me, it's been nothing about the results but more wanting to spend quality time with my family. My children are of the age where doing things as a family isn't always practical, and I miss this as much as @cheeky~k8 does. I was a bit sleepy at the start, very tired from the week.

Once up, I spent a lot of time around Kate and Ava.

Kate baked some lovely brownies. I am not the biggest fan of chocolate in cakes and I don't like brownies usually, but these are nice. I have only eaten bits of the scrap left behind on the baking paper.

After the Derby game, we started to prepare to go see @super_ram - we wanted to spend time belated to his birthday as we had a few gifts for him. I won't say what @super_pie decided to buy him, but it made us laugh.

It was a really nice time, having a laugh and talking. Asking questions related to a book we bought, Super, that was very interesting. We ordered takeaway as it simplified things, even though dad said he wasn't all that hungry he made work of his burger and chips. I really loved it!

Today, I am catching up with my admin/webmaster duties.

4 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Chris you can’t beat family time it is so precious so make the most of any time you get to spend together.

I think last night is the most I've laughed in ages although all the grandchildren always make me laugh. @super_pie;s cheeky present set the mood for the night.I will bide my time and get my own back though.(So watch out Jake,I may be getting on a bit but I've still got a very good memory) @Chris unintentionally had us all laughing with his (un)helpful clues in a game we were playing.I wasn't feeling all that hungry but I hadn't had burger and chips for a while and it was really nice.All in all a very enjoyable evening.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

week days its all work, non stop and i am reaching the point where i feel overtime needs to be reduced.

saturday i was looking forward to going to bradford even though i did not have any company, i felt disappointed when the match was called off because of the wasted fuel and time but thats football. i decided to drive to manchester to meet up with @TheSkipper, which was good. sunday is always usually the same for me, shopping and visit my mum.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Supporter+
On 03/03/2024 at 15:46, Chris said:

I won't say what @super_pie decided to buy him, but it made us laugh.

I’m guessing it was a bag of marbles, am I right @super_ram?. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2