Labadie Gone Permanently

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

labadie-walsall-640x48080-997950_478x359

PUBLISHED

08:00 2nd March 2014

Notts County Football Club can confirm that Joss Labadie has completed a switch to Torquay United on a free transfer.

Labadie had initially joined the Gulls on loan but a deal was struck ahead of the transfer deadline to make the move permanent.

The 23-year-old became a popular figure at Plainmoor last term when he scored four goals in seven appearances before being recalled to the County squad. 

Limited game time in the Black and White stripes this season led to another loan stint down south at the beginning of January, which has seen the former Tranmere Rovers midfielder impress over three games. 

The Sky Bet League 2 outfit was eager to secure his services beyond the one-month loan and, with Labadie’s Notts deal up at the end of the season, the club has allowed him to secure his future with Torquay.  

Labadie arrived at Meadow Lane in the summer of 2012 and has made a total of 50 appearances across all competitions, scoring on three occasions. 

Everyone at the club would like to thank Joss for his efforts and wish him the best of luck with the Gulls, where he will team up with former Magpies Kevin Nicholson, Krystian Pearce and Karl Hawley. 

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/labadie-makes-torquay-switch-permanent-1330885.aspx#7JrukzRSiTLiG89L.99

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good luck to Labadie.

Going off topic a bit here but I didn't know Kevin Nicholson was still playing, I think he scored a really important winning goal for Notts but I can't for the life of me remember what the occasion was.

Was it the great escape year against Huddersfield? My mind is like a sieve, anyone help out?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

published.... 2nd of march... slight error by the media team :P

Its a shame to get rid of another player, but if we arn't going to play him we might aswell not keep him as his contract is due to run out soon.

Shame we couldn't get some money for him though.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

published.... 2nd of march... slight error by the media team :P

Its a shame to get rid of another player, but if we arn't going to play him we might aswell not keep him as his contract is due to run out soon.

Shame we couldn't get some money for him though.

I think it's only a recent move though, he will go onto better things. Someone will get the footballer out of him, he won't be i League Two in 2016.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  11

It was Huddersfield won 2-1. Danny Allsopp got the first, and low drive by Kevin Nicholson. What a great day.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It was Huddersfield won 2-1. Danny Allsopp got the first, and low drive by Kevin Nicholson. What a great day.

Thanks @4everapie I can't remember much about the game but remember Nicholsons goal as you say a low drive that nestled perfectly in the back of the net, great goal.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627

He put in a few good performances for Notts imo, showing what he was capable of.  Good luck to him, just as long as he doesn't end up playing against us and scoring in the future.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its a shame ck sort of messed about with joss, he came back looking good and things was changed a little. he was quite offensive in the donny game, trying to pull the strings and ended up being a failed creative player. a little clumsy but i would have like him to do well for us, good luck labadie

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

its a shame ck sort of messed about with joss, he came back looking good and things was changed a little. he was quite offensive in the donny game, trying to pull the strings and ended up being a failed creative player. a little clumsy but i would have like him to do well for us, good luck labadie

I sort of feel the same.

He had things I would have worked on, he does have qualities but sadly within the current squad it never seemed likely to work out. Mind you I'm not a manager and I like the thoughts of working with people, I see it as a way to learn about the darker side of management.

It's best for him that he drops down and then who knows. :)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333

Good Luck Joss. 

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Not bothered about Labadie - he was a huge disappointment.

Saw him for Tranny and he looked neat, composed, strong and had a helluva shot on him. We saw little evidence of any of those qualities tbh.

Kevin Nicholson was one of a small but intriguing band of ex players whose heads looked far too big for their body! O'Grady and that full back from Sunderland whose name just escapes me, are also founder members. They all have enormous, disproportionate, bounces. That name will come to me shortly, big, stocky bloke but with a ginormous head!

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Not bothered about Labadie - he was a huge disappointment.

Saw him for Tranny and he looked neat, composed, strong and had a helluva shot on him. We saw little evidence of any of those qualities tbh.

Kevin Nicholson was one of a small but intriguing band of ex players whose heads looked far too big for their body! O'Grady and that full back from Sunderland whose name just escapes me, are also founder members. They all have enormous, disproportionate, bounces. That name will come to me shortly, big, stocky bloke but with a ginormous head! Got it - Ramsden.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

He showed glimpses at times that he was capable of playing at this level.

The rest of the time he was a passenger. Can't believe our central midfield startes were Fotheringham and Labadie. Cheers CK!!

Archived