Fan Zone New Name

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,309
  • Days Won:  17

So it's been decided that the New Notts Fan Zone is being called the Nest. How Boring they must be something better or exciting more in tune with the Magpies. Going on the Old Internet I've come up with A Conventicle, A Gulp, A Mischief A Tidings or Tribe of Magpies. Any of those have to be better than The Nest. My Favourite one is A Tribe of Magpies. A Fan Zone called the Tribe of Magpies gives the impression of Fan togetherness and the Support of the Players and Club. The Nest Give me a Break. So my fellow PON Members what's your Favourite and Why?

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,380
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I like the name, it certainly goes with Magpie.

I suppose they could call it The Magpie's Nest, The Magpies Nest or just plain The Nest as they have it which I like.

The could even call it The Roost or the The Magpies Roost.

I suppose they are trying to promote a place of belonging for Magpie fans.

It is going to be open all year round, so will it be exclusively for Notts fans, ie, members club all the time or will they want to attract all comers in the off season?

I think they plan to host special events etc?

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I think the plan is to use it for exhibition space, meeting space and for Florist games, so I guess they want it to remain relatively neutral whilst keeping the nod to the Magpies.  I quite like The Gulp though (but it's probably a crap name in reality!!).

• Like 6

The Gulp a Nod to Beer Drinking Magpie Fans eh? I think Magpie should be incorporated in the Name because the Nest will still be associated with Notts County. Because people who are attending a Function there and don't where it is, they'll be told it's on Iremonger Road next to Meadow Lane where Notts County play and their nickname is the Magpies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,500
  • Days Won:  287

The Gulp would have been fun, but it sounds like one of those dingy little pubs with sticky carpets. Not sure that's the image the club is going for? ;)

Personally I think we should have gone for Bajner's Bar, with a 20-foot statue of our favourite twig-like Hungarian ex-Ipswich striker at the entrance.

I do like The Nest though, it's understated but still magpie-themed. On a side note, The Nest was also the name of Norwich's old ground up to the mid-1930s. I'm fascinated by it. It was a proper dump.

The_Nest_Historic_1-900x512.jpg

Erg9vMtW4AI4bhR.jpg.5215777e2277cbb125e2a152087d3749.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

I like the name “nest” and it makes sense. A magie’s nest has a roof over it, but for the fan zone to be authentic, it will also need to be spherical and I doubt it will be redesigned that way.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,982
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Ricardo's would have been a good name. Home of "Total "football, free pint of Amstel for all season ticket holders😉

• Like 4

I realise this is a Joke Piethagoram however Being Picky (which I can be) the term Inn can not be used in the Fan Zone name because by Law the term Inn indicates that there are rooms in the building for Patrons to  sleep if needed.  Well that's me being being a Smarty bottom over for today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I like the name “The Nest” but more important for me will be what they sell in there, will it be tasteless fizzy lager or some decent real ale from local breweries, I hope Notts can support local breweries and get some decent ale in there, if they do I may have to start coming to the match on the bus. 🍺 

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

Considering the owners are funding the whole project they were well in their rights to name it the Reedtz Brothers Appreciation Sanctuary! I’m sure some previous owners would’ve given themselves a name check (or added some sort of mural).

I’d have called it McGoldrinck's…

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

The images of the football ground, The Nest, have an eerie quality and seem like they’re straight out of a nightmare. However, I appreciate Notts’ decision to name their fan zone after it. It’s a clever move and provides the hub with a social function, encouraging fans to interact and bond.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the nest is the best name i think the fan zone could have been called, it makes you feel a part of something and its where a lot of notts fans will flock before a game.

whoever came up with it deserves a pay raise!