Ricardo Moniz's new position

• Piethagoram changed the title to Ricardo Moniz's new position

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

sacked by nk slaven belupo for only winning 1 game in 7, their owners did not stand by their decision much did they? good luck to him with this move.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I must say I had a bit of a soft spot for Ricardo we played some good attacking football under him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@liampie nk slaven belupo stadium capacity is only around 3k Trying to compete in their domestic league against giants like Hajduk Split is a tall order, capacity 33k. The financial gulf is great

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

18 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@liampie nk slaven belupo stadium capacity is only around 3k Trying to compete in their domestic league against giants like Hajduk Split is a tall order, capacity 33k. The financial gulf is great

oh i know, the results were to be expected but the sacking for me was not.

my comment was more about the people in charge of the clubs hiring and firing.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

I think we need a new forum to accommodate all the "Ricardo Moniz has got a new job" posts. He's the football equivalent of a supply teacher :D

Good luck to the bloke though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

RICARDO MONIZ REMAINS HEAD COACH OF FC ZURICH

FIRST TEAM,

24 May 2024,mfr

FC Zurich is pleased to announce that current interim coach Ricardo Moniz has signed a two-year contract until 2026 with an option for a further year. The 59-year-old Dutchman has been in charge of the first team since mid-April and has led the city club into the European Cup thanks to three wins in the last four games.

Ricardo Moniz joined FC Zurich in October 2023 and initially worked as Head of Player Development and as "Coach the Coaches". In January 2024, he took over the U21 team before taking over as interim head coach of the Super League team from Murat Ural and Umberto Romano in April. He has extensive international experience as a head coach and as a trainer in renowned academies such as PSV Eindhoven, Red Bull Salzburg and Hamburger SV. He has worked as a coach for Red Bull Salzburg and Ferencvaros Budapest, among others. He won the Austrian double with Salzburg in 2012.

FCZ President Ancillo Canepa commented on the signing of the contract as follows: "We are of course extremely happy that Ricardo Moniz, such an experienced, committed and competent personality, will continue to look after our first team as head coach."

FC Zurich looks forward to continuing its collaboration with Ricardo Moniz and wishes him good luck and success.

• Like 1