Geraldo Bajrami leaving

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

It appears to be a regrettable choice, but there are superior alternatives available. I’m simply glad that we supported him through his injury, as it demonstrates our class. Unfortunately, too many teams discard a player when they suffer a serious injury.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

In my view, he never seemed to be a robust contender for the first team. There were a handful of outstanding performances, but many where he appeared to be merely average at best. His injury was a letdown, especially as he seemed poised to fill the gap. I’m delighted that he’s made a recovery. Regardless, I wish him all the best and good fortune.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

It’s a shame that he did not want to stay and prove himself, but we don’t know the details of the contract offered apart from it being short term, and at the end of the day, you have to look after yourself and if somebody has come in with a decent contract offer, then I don’t blame him and wish him well.

It does mean we now have to find another player to fill the gap left, so not sure whether that will be another defender or (hopefully) a midfielder.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We also probably couldn't guarantee him any more game time, after suffering that serious injury it shortens your career (at least can) and I would suspect he's keen to play as much time as possible. The terms of our deal will never be known, but I think some fans need to look past this as if Bajrami isn't being loyal to us. Notts did the right thing by standing by him, we offered a new deal.

It's unfortunate that he decided that he would like to move on, but it needs to be respected.

There were times when watching him play was pure joy. I always felt like he had something that might take time to unearth, but the injury didn't help with this regard. I do think had the injury not happened, we would have seen him in the middle, at the back between Cameron and Baldwin. He's decided to move on; we just have to accept it and wish him all the best.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Surprised he got a league 1 club, I thought he would have been heading back to the National League for a longer contract. I remember Luke saying in his interviews that he is now a right unit with all the weights he has been doing. 
Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

I’d have liked to have seen how he’d have got on in L2 with us, but I’m really surprised he’s gone up into L1. He had a terrible injury and only played about 10 mins of competitive football, so I’ve no idea how Burton have been able to judge how he can be good for them when he’s yet to even prove himself in L2. And you wouldn't exactly say he was a guaranteed starter here...

It’ll be a big step up effectively going from the NL to L1, but I understand why he’d take their offer over ours (especially if we did only offer him a year) as I think he’ll be doing there what he would have been doing with us; having to challenge to get a spot in the first 11.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i am disappointed but i dont blame him, it just means we need to find someone better or more suited to our plans.

good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Surprised he got a league 1 club, I thought he would have been heading back to the National League for a longer contract.

with his injury it would not have surprised me but i think burton will see the risk of signing him less with it being on a free.

he might not get a lot of game time there, but it avoids the drop to the national league which would be hard to get out. burton may have made a good decision with signing gerald bajrami as he does have potenial.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Days Won:  17

Well it looks like I'm going to be in the minority here. Sorry guys but I put a lot of Value on Loyalty, after Notts looked after him during his Long Term Injury Spell he pays the Club back, by not accepting a New Contract. It doesn't matter even if it was only for a year, he should have signed it to show his appreciation to Notts and for all the Help they gave him. Signing again for the Magpies and battling to get himself into the Starting Eleven.

Bajrami is quoted with saying. 

Burton are a League Higher than Notts, and I want to play as high as I can as soon as I can. I want to challenge myself and be a part of what's happening at this club.

A fair enough statement on the surface. But why couldn't he challenge himself at the Lane? By becoming a regular starter and helping Notts gain Promotion? Mind you I suppose getting more money at Burton by sitting on his backside on the bench, is much easier than working hard at getting a regular Start at Notts.

Though it may appear different I bare the Guy No Ill Will, it's just that I feel he should have shown Notts More Loyalty.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

It's not like the club could do anything else whilst he was injured other than help his recovery. They couldn't, knowing he only had a year left, say: "you're on your own pal, good luck" no player would ever sign for us if that's how we treated them! I get it feels like a bit of let down but there's not much the club can do to be honest, the timing of his contract expiring is just unfortunate. If they really wanted Baj to stay they could've improved their offer but obviously feel the money will be better spent elsewhere.

Michael O'Connor did the same too, he played the last few games of the season after being out for a year and chose to sign with Lincoln.

• Like 2

@Piethagoram

No according to records Dean Yates suffered a serious knee injury in February 1992 which ruled him out for two years however he did manage one appearance in 1993/94 season. He was fully fit for 1994/95 season and  playing in the Notts Team in their fight against Relegation he was Sold to Derby for £350,000 before Notts were Relegated.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man I agree with you. At the end of the day Notts supported him and helped him through his long term injury, so Notts did all they could. 

He could have stayed with Notts and fought for a place, especially considering what Notts did for him, but if he wants to move on so good look to him.

Notts will find a good replacement, I'm sure of that, who will be new and full of commitment to Notts.

• Like 1

@menzinho

Michael O'Connor  ruptured an ACL in 2016, During his recovery from his injury he was given a Scouting position by Kevin Nolan. He played for Notts in their last six games of 2017/18, helping Notts gain a Play Off Place.

So both Yates and O'Connor played for the Magpies after their injuries unlike Bajrami.

• Like 2