England v Switzerland: Pre & Post Match Analysis.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

The only drawback of England’s performance was the limited attempts on goal. From a defensive standpoint, both teams performed admirably. Each team had their moments, with Switzerland being slightly less fortunate. However, when they scored, England responded impressively, taking control and striving to equalise. It was a game of give and take.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Five first class penalties by England won us the match. 

England were much better in this match and SAKA has an absolute blinder.

Absolutely delighted that England have got to the semi finals without firing on all cylinders.

England will need to improve again against the Netherlands, but England are very capable of taming the Dutch. Looking forward to that match with optimism that England can get to the final.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

The only thing that was lacking in the game for England yesterday was it was still a bit slow and the tempo needed upping. But, despite that, it was still a much improved performance. It was a performance we've been crying out for. The thing that is left to ponder is was it the fact that the formation changed allowing more width and fitting Bellingham and Foden as both number 10s or was it that because we was playing a more challenging team? I think it was a combination of both but more the tactical side of things.

7 hours ago, Robbie said:

Five first class penalties by England won us the match. 

England were much better in this match and SAKA has an absolute blinder.

Agreed, all the penalties taken were exceptionally good. They didn't look nervous and they dispatched everyone of them brilliantly.

Again, I agree on the point of Saka had a blinder. When I saw him and Trippier switch over their sides I wasn't pleased with it but he soon changed my mind as the game went on. They just couldn't cope with him on that right hand side. 

I didn't think Kane had the best of games once again. Something about him doesn't look right. His pressing game wasn't exactly fast and he didn't look like he wanted to challenge for any of the long balls that come his way. He allowed every single long ball to be won by the defender. Even when balls were delivered into the box, he wasn't getting into the right positions to get on the end of any of them where he is normally clinical.

Bellingham and Mainoo were both good driving with the ball creating attacking opportunities. I feel a bit sorry for Konsa because he had a solid game at the back but I suspect that when Guehi returns from suspension next game, he'll be out and Guehi will be put straight back in. Can't fault putting Guehi back in as he has also been solid at the back for us. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

I viewed the match in a bustling pub in Skegness, and the atmosphere was quite jovial. I didn’t pick up on any grumbles about the performance. Naturally, there was some disappointment when we conceded a goal, but that’s par for the course. Immediately after that, I heard remarks such as ‘here we go’, ‘England can bounce back’, and ‘the team won’t surrender’, which indicated a positive sentiment among the fans. I concur that the performance was superior to previous games. More shots on target are indeed necessary, but we must also ensure that our top players are in the starting line-up.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Joshua

You can understand the disappointment of going behind, no one likes to see their team go behind especially with the timing of their goal but the main thing was the performance. All fans wanted was the team to turn up to this tournament. Of course they want to get the win but given how they turned up finally and played good football that wasn't boring to watch, I don't think many would have come away too disappointed had we lost compared to how frustrated they'd have been had we lost and played like we did in the previous 4 games. 

It's good that England gave us all some joy and as you mentioned about fans backing the team confident that they'd come back into the game. Something we wouldn't have seen in the previous 4 games. 

I think the whole performance was benefitted by players playing in their natural positions, which also helped fans get behind the team that bit more. It feels like everything England fans wanted during this tournament was finally given to them for this game and it proved to be successful.