Things that annoy you

super_ram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

This morning @tonyhateley posted a rant about dog mess and @GrannyPie asked him not to start me off with things that annoy me.She went on to mention people stepping in front of me when I'm pushing her in the wheelchair.This is very common even when just walking by myself.She went on to list impatient people,queue jumpers,Forest fans,the weather,out of control kids with parents who couldn't care less and people speaking too loud while on a mobile phone..

I can add stupid rules about parents/children's holidays in term time and what can go in school lunch boxes.I could go on forever but what does everyone else think.Are there any more members about to join @Super_Ram and @tonyhateley's Grumpy Club? :devil::yes::angry:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Rude people - I honestly believe people should be kind and considerate.

Loud music - Just no need, if you can't hear it well... USE Headphones! Why should I be forced to listen to it?
Parents who swear and belittle their children - We all know the type.
People who put down others (especially those with disabilities).
Children who are out of control and their parents do nothing or aren't interested.

I could be here all day but these days I'd rather focus on the things which make me happy. :P

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

The biggest single annoyance of mine is parents who send their kids into school when they patently shouldn't be there due to illness and then try to blame the new fine system as the reason why yet these parents were doing this long before the new fine system.

I have just spent a very long & worrying weekend in our local hospitals childrens ward for this very reason.

I even told the school this morning that if I find out who the offending parents are then they can expect a hospital visit themselves, why should my daughter have to suffer in the way she is due to their abhorrent behaviour?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

The 'mong' word. Or other words used in a derogatory manner as an insult, such as spaz etc. I honestly can't bear it.  It's so hard when you have a child with a disability (my daughter has Downs) and hear such terms.  People have often said to me that I should ignore it and realise it's not aimed at her.  But if I don't say anything how will people ever think before using it without knowing what it means and why it's offensive?

Obviously you will get some who would use it anyway, but there are those who will think twice when it's pointed out why it's offensive.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  492
  • Days Won:  1

dog s**t around aspley and nottingham in general if u have a dog how hard is it 2 clean the s**t up

chavs on buses who play there s**t music that loud everyone as 2 hear it sometimes even over my own music i listen 2 through headphones

one of the main things that really annoys me is how rubbish nottinghamshire police are specially dealing with idiots who do drugs

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i think the thing which annoys me the most is when you make a genuine mistake and people dont accept sorry. yet these people generally far worse!

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Bad match officials! the bristol city one made me furious!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I've only got a few thing that annoy me: 

Other humans Bringing down other humans (Crab Mentality is a good example) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Nottingham F*****

Nothing is getting Cheaper 

I've only got a few thing that annoy me: 

Other humans Bringing down other humans (Crab Mentality is a good example) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Nottingham F*****

Nothing is getting Cheaper 

Crab mentality is in its worst when it applies to family members, especially over emotional feelings ie when one member is happy, rather than being happy for them they do all they can to to cause upset and these actions only ever increase in severity

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

When my bank tries to tell me I've got no money, that really anoyes me :/

yeah this can be annoying!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Cat poo. Much worse than the dog version as the cats come into our garden to use it as a toilet where the kids want to play. At least some dog owners try to control their animals.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

The biggest single annoyance of mine is parents who send their kids into school when they patently shouldn't be there due to illness and then try to blame the new fine system as the reason why yet these parents were doing this long before the new fine system.

I have just spent a very long & worrying weekend in our local hospitals childrens ward for this very reason.

I even told the school this morning that if I find out who the offending parents are then they can expect a hospital visit themselves, why should my daughter have to suffer in the way she is due to their abhorrent behaviour?

I hope your daughter is better now.There are a lot of stupid,inconsiderate people about!

I dont like people who fight, i think there stupid and they annoy me.

Especially the idiots who can't take their drink and spoil it for everyone else.

The 'mong' word. Or other words used in a derogatory manner as an insult, such as spaz etc. I honestly can't bear it.  It's so hard when you have a child with a disability (my daughter has Downs) and hear such terms.  People have often said to me that I should ignore it and realise it's not aimed at her.  But if I don't say anything how will people ever think before using it without knowing what it means and why it's offensive?

Obviously you will get some who would use it anyway, but there are those who will think twice when it's pointed out why it's offensive.

Some people don't realise how offensive their remarks can be ,or don't care

i think the thing which annoys me the most is when you make a genuine mistake and people dont accept sorry. yet these people generally far worse!

Yes and these 'perfect' people usually blame others for their mistakes -and get away with it.

Bad match officials! the bristol city one made me furious!

@super_ram wasn't very impressed with him either!

Common sense is in short supply everywhere these days.Hope your daughter is fully recovered  now. :thumbsup:

• Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Cat poo. Much worse than the dog version as the cats come into our garden to use it as a toilet where the kids want to play. At least some dog owners try to control their animals.

Yeah, this is a difficult one!  I have two cats as well as a dog and it irritates me in my own garden (they always use the bit where I've planted hundreds of bulbs).  Tell me though Ivan, what can we do about it?  I've purchased a spray for my neighbour that deters them from using a spot and I've also dried pieces of citrus peel as that's supposed to help too.  But other than that I'm not sure how you can control a cat.

When I had a neighbour who was really hostile about it, I tried to keep them in until they'd used the cat litter.  But obviously it doesn't always work.

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

People who "could care less"

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Impatient drivers who tailgate you when you are doing the speed limit then lose patience and zoom past you, usually on a blind corner or something daft only to be waiting at the next traffic lights where I catch up with them, so they have risked life and limb for nothing.

People who live just around the corner from schools and go to pick up their kids in the car (usually a large 4x4) and keep the engine running for half an hour because they are cold or to keep the air con on in summer because they are hot. They arrive half an hour early because they need to get as near the school as possible as they are too idle to get off their fat a**es and walk.

People who pull up at the supermarket and park in the disabled spot just outside the door, then proceed to jump out and run in the shop as fit as a fiddle, whilst some poor person who really does need the spot has to park at the other end of the car park. I swear blind that if some people could drive in the shop and do their shopping they would.

People who swear not only in the company of their children but sometimes directly at them.

People who smoke in cars with the windows shut and have a baby or young child strapped in the back seat.

People who don't say please and thank you.

People who let their little darling dogs jump up you with their muddy paws instead of keeping it under control while you pass.

Salesmen who come to the door and even though we have a notice that says we don't buy anything at the door and we don't want unwanted callers.

Employers who pretend to be caring and how hard it is for them when they tell you that they are going to have to "let you go".

Young people who don't respect older people.

Old people who don't respect young people.

In fact anyone who doesn't respect anyone else.

People who spread urban myths on social media that has no shread of truth.

People who gullibly believe the above.

Racism, sexism, ageism and every other ism.

Shall I go on or are you bored now. :lol:

Did I post the above last post? Have you been listening to me @tonyhateley?

If only people would apply a little common sense,learn to be patient, tolerant and courteous and smile a bit more!

Supporter+

Did I post the above last post? Have you been listening to me @tonyhateley?

If only people would apply a little common sense,learn to be patient, tolerant and courteous and smile a bit more!

You know what they say about great minds @super_ram

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Yeah, this is a difficult one!  I have two cats as well as a dog and it irritates me in my own garden (they always use the bit where I've planted hundreds of bulbs).  Tell me though Ivan, what can we do about it?  I've purchased a spray for my neighbour that deters them from using a spot and I've also dried pieces of citrus peel as that's supposed to help too.  But other than that I'm not sure how you can control a cat.

When I had a neighbour who was really hostile about it, I tried to keep them in until they'd used the cat litter.  But obviously it doesn't always work.

It is difficult to find a suitable compromise, I agree. I have to confess to being a fundamentalist here. Dogs are trainable (99% of them anyway) and therefore their behaviour is their owner's responsibility. Cats are essentially wild animals who can really only be kept out of other people's gardens by being locked indoors 100% of the time. This would of course be cruel and shouldn't be done. I appreciate some cat owners do make genuine attempts, but I come back to my first point that people should only keep animals that are trainable (dogs) or can be kept 'locked indoors' without cruelty (fish?), or have large areas to roam that they can't get out of, e.g. sheep in a field. (this last bit is not a reference to a local football club or its fans!)

Hence I believe people shouldn't keep cats (essentially natives of another continent) as pets.  I know this would rob a lot of people of genuine pleasure, but like you I can't think of an in-between solution. We've tried all the sprays etc. They work for about 24 hours as we are completely surrounded by cat owners.

Supporter+

Hence I believe people shouldn't keep cats (essentially natives of another continent) as pets.  I know this would rob a lot of people of genuine pleasure, but like you I can't think of an in-between solution. We've tried all the sprays etc. They work for about 24 hours as we are completely surrounded by cat owners.

I've got a solution for you @ivansneck, there is one sure fire way of keeping cats out of your garden and that is to get a tom cat yourself, you will find that other cats won't wander on to his territory and if they do he will soon sort them out.

I hope your daughter is better now.There are a lot of stupid,inconsiderate people about!

Especially the idiots who can't take their drink and spoil it for everyone else.

Some people don't realise how offensive their remarks can be ,or don't care

Yes and these 'perfect' people usually blame others for their mistakes -and get away with it.

@super_ram wasn't very impressed with him either!

Common sense is in short supply everywhere these days.Hope your daughter is fully recovered  now. :thumbsup:

Impatient drivers who tailgate you when you are doing the speed limit then lose patience and zoom past you, usually on a blind corner or something daft only to be waiting at the next traffic lights where I catch up with them, so they have risked life and limb for nothing.

People who live just around the corner from schools and go to pick up their kids in the car (usually a large 4x4) and keep the engine running for half an hour because they are cold or to keep the air con on in summer because they are hot. They arrive half an hour early because they need to get as near the school as possible as they are too idle to get off their fat a**es and walk.

People who pull up at the supermarket and park in the disabled spot just outside the door, then proceed to jump out and run in the shop as fit as a fiddle, whilst some poor person who really does need the spot has to park at the other end of the car park. I swear blind that if some people could drive in the shop and do their shopping they would.

People who swear not only in the company of their children but sometimes directly at them.

People who smoke in cars with the windows shut and have a baby or young child strapped in the back seat.

People who don't say please and thank you.

People who let their little darling dogs jump up you with their muddy paws instead of keeping it under control while you pass.

Salesmen who come to the door and even though we have a notice that says we don't buy anything at the door and we don't want unwanted callers.

Employers who pretend to be caring and how hard it is for them when they tell you that they are going to have to "let you go".

Young people who don't respect older people.

Old people who don't respect young people.

In fact anyone who doesn't respect anyone else.

People who spread urban myths on social media that has no shread of truth.

People who gullibly believe the above.

Racism, sexism, ageism and every other ism.

Shall I go on or are you bored now. :lol:

@GrannyPie & @super-ram thankfully she is on the mend, slowly but getting there non the less, thank you :)

@tonyhately I would say to get out more but this is patently causing more issues than it would solve so maybe take up origami.. wait cancel that, that may cause problems with paper creation and the Japanese.... ha ha

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

When I was walking to the City hospital to have my physio appointment, I counted 14 drivers who swerved in order attempt to soak me with the rain water which had collected in the gutter/flooded drains.

I'm not exaggerating, it was blatantly obvious because majority included pulling sharply over and most of the other cars kept clear.

I really hate that, I have to admit to being annoyed... 

When I was walking to the City hospital to have my physio appointment, I counted 14 drivers who swerved in order attempt to soak me with the rain water which had collected in the gutter/flooded drains.

I'm not exaggerating, it was blatantly obvious because majority included pulling sharply over and the most of the cars kept clear.

I really hate that, I have to admit to being annoyed... 

I was walking home from work a few years ago along Ilkeston Road .It had been raining very heavily and water had accumulated causing a slight flood outside the old 'Players' building and towards the entrance to the new university campus entrance approaching 'Crown'island. Most cars were sensibly slowed down to avoid causing a splash but as I got near this area a car deliberately accelerated with the obvious intention of soaking me.Luckily I anticipated the driver's action and just avoided a soaking but I noticed the driver looking at me and  laughing.I let the driver know what I thought of him and rushed past the fllooded area.I was really annoyed and wanted to catch up with the car which by now was at the entrance to tho uni campus.My annoyance turned to delight when I noticed 2 police cars parked just inside the campus entrance and several policemen approaching the stupid driver.They signalled him to go over to where they had parked up and really laid into him giving him a lecture about considerate driving and at the same time checking his car .I really enjoyed walking past and shouting 'Who's laughing now,pillock'

Archived