Weekday Chat Monday 22nd - Thursday 25th July

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s the start of another week, the weather is looking a bit grey but it’s quite warm out there.

I’ve got a bit of watering to do, I’m not a big gardener but we chopped up some tomatoes weeks ago and planted them in tubs, now they are quite big plants and starting to fruit, so I’m hoping to get some nice tomatoes.

After that we’ll have a walk to keep the exercise regime going. Have a great day folks and if you have time let us know what you’re up to this week.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i am back to two days training and three days an headless chicken trying to organise the warehouse and getting exported good out. i prefer actually working, i like to keep busy but the training will come in handy when positions up the ladder opens up. i dont want to work in the offices, that would bore the lift out of me because i like to be hands on.

after work, i just watch tv and browse pon.

today i finished a little later than normal, so i drove home and then had a quick walk to a chippy called the big fish.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Spent most of the day yesterday at the local hospital taking a close relative to the A & E

Four and a half hours to be seen, blood work results that we had to wait for then referral back to the GP. All in all, 6.5 hours altogether at A & E.

Got back home tired, early night, then phoning GP this morning, long wait due to large phone queue, managed to get relative to see GP tomorrow.

Things have certainly changed in just four years since I went to the hospital.

Haven't really done a lot today except go fetch a prescription from the pharmacy, make our dinner, tea and wash up.

See what tomorrow brings.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Supporter+

Morning all, I’ve just been an early morning 5k run along the canal in anticipation of having fish and chips for lunch tomorrow. It’s a lovely day here but a little too warm for running, I was drenched with sweat when I got back, T-shirt and peaked cap wet through, straight in the wash and I was straight in the shower.

Have a lovely day all.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Good morning, happy Wednesday. Today we are going to meet some old friends for lunch at a fish and chip restaurant, I love a nice portion of fish and chips with mushy peas of course, ideally I’d rather eat them at the seaside but that’ll have to wait for another holiday.

How is everyone today, are you doing anything exciting?

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

What’s happening? Where is everyone today? I’ve been looking forward to spending some time on the screen all day, and it seems like I’m almost alone here on PON. Well, the weather has been pleasant, and I hope everyone is doing well.

There’s not much on the telly, so I’ll find a DVD to watch once I’m finished here.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

I woke up at half past six in the morning, followed by a swift exercise session. After that, I had my breakfast. Before stepping out of the house, I took a shower and completed the usual routines.

My work began at half past eight. It started with a brief meeting, which was then followed by several other meetings. Around one in the afternoon, I had my lunch. I enjoyed a homemade salad and a sandwich. After lunch, I resumed my work until about half past five in the evening.

Once I got home, I watched some television to relax a bit. And now, here I am. 😊

• Like 5

Supporter+

Got up early this morning as we had a grocery delivery. Didn't fancy going to the supermarket so yesterday ordered the delivery. Surprised to see that there were slots available, they are usually taken up at the start of the week.

Helped the Mrs do the washing & put the washing out for her. It was nice weather this morning & it dried fairly quickly.

Afterwards, spent some time shredding old paperwork that we've collected over many years. Surprising how big the shredded paper grows..

Managed to peel some potatoes, prepare the veg & cook the evening meal between the shredding. Then guess who did the washing up?

So it's been a busy day one way or another. Talk about being retired, who made that one up? 

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

Today was just another ordinary working day. It was a bit humid at times, but I don’t believe most workplaces are designed to maintain a comfortable temperature. There were no thrills or excitement.

• Like 4

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, NCRichie said:

Today was just another ordinary working day. It was a bit humid at times, but I don’t believe most workplaces are designed to maintain a comfortable temperature. There were no thrills or excitement.

Sometimes I do miss work,

I renewed my HGV licence at the beginning of the year just in case, (once you reach 65 you have to take a medical with a Doctor every year to continue driving HGVs)

We had a driver at my old place still working into his 70s.

• Like 3

Supporter+

We had a nice lunch with friends, it was a lovely fish restaurant which used to be a pub, really nice fish and chips and we enjoyed catching up with our friends.

Afterwards we had a browse round the shops but didn’t buy anything before at hing the bus home. As we’d had a big lunch Mrs. T made some home made soup from celery, mushroom, chicken and some other stuff she found in the fridge, it’s a great way to use up left overs and very tasty too.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Today, I went with Jake to go do some gardening with @super_ram.

I cut down some of the overgrowing branches from the trees in the front garden, we had a fun time trimming them back and then breaking everything down into a sizeable amount that can eventually go out with the gardening waste. Super, certainly will be giving the council's his monies worth now we have to pay for this service.

The difference allows a lot more light into the living room, plus Super should be able to see who comes up more clearly and less obstructed. Meaning, he'll be able to spy on events and nosy at what might be happening. 😂

@Robbie - I hope you're okay, going to the A&E can be quite prolonging but hopefully they sorted you out. It sounds like they gave you something for your reason to go, so I hope it's making a positive impact.

• Like 2

Supporter+

We were sorted  out fine @Chris.thanks.

Very impressed with the A & E staff, who work under a lot of pressure to get everyone seen.

• Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

My day wasn’t particularly exciting. It involved work, followed by some downtime at home, watching TV and eating, before the cycle repeats itself.

I’m eagerly awaiting the weekend, as I have time off and should be able to make the most of the pleasant weather, fingers crossed.

• Like 1