Supporter+

I hope he’s ok.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Wow going through a Medical and the Sky falls in on You. Best Regards Colby, hope everything works out Ok for you. At least the Problem was found and it appears can be Fixed. Chin Up Fella I'm sure the Footballing world is Rooting For You.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This situation underscores the importance of thorough health screenings in football. It’s a dreadful thought that Colby Bishop might have only discovered his condition while playing, which could have been too late. I’m grateful that sports are adopting measures to safeguard players and not merely viewing them as replaceable. I hope Colby makes a comeback and continues to excel for Portsmouth.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Seems like you have to become a footballer to receive the best medical care, if you are NHS you take your chance.

He’s very lucky it’s been diagnosed I wish him all the best.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

It might be a bit harsh to suggest that relying on the NHS is a gamble, but I don’t wish to quibble over details. I’d simply like to highlight that the unfortunate deaths of previous players have led football to take seriously the potential risk of heart defects or conditions from playing.

This focus is indeed beneficial, especially as it’s becoming increasingly common to witness players collapsing during matches, which is truly distressing to see.

As someone who doesn’t play football, I’m unsure how doctors or the NHS would detect a potential heart condition in me without any symptoms or prior incidents. Perhaps in the future, routine check-ups will be implemented, but I understand that it’s a complex issue. I’m not aware of the costs involved, but we should certainly be grateful for the presence of the NHS.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  1

I extend my best wishes to Colby Bishop. I’m relieved that his condition was detected early and promptly addressed. Every life is precious and must be protected.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I wish Colby Bishop all the best. It's not good news and I have been pleased seeing how he's done at Portsmouth. I'm glad they have caught it, before it might have been a problem and I hope it doesn't impact his career.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

he came good for portsmouth and has really done well, i hope this does not set his career back or prevent him from playing again. the good thing is that it was caught before it became a problem.

just to mention, i would have assumed he had past medical examinations and that nothing was found until now. :( 

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Colby Bishop is a good lad. It’s been a delight to see him find his feet at Portsmouth. As an ex-Notts player, I always wish him well. I hope his condition doesn’t cause any major issues for him. Best wishes, Bishop.

• Like 3

A Couple of Months ago (it may have been longer) I wrote a Topic on Snus a Nicotine type substance a lot of players have become Addicted to, which slowly dissolves under the tongue and heightens a players awareness and helps them Relax after a Tough Match. Have any Medical Doctors checked for Snus addiction in the Players who have started having Heart Problems and could this Drug cause or be part of the Problems more Players are suffering with their Heart?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Have we got an update on the Snus in football?

I'll have a look and see what I can find and maybe resurrect your original thread as it's a subject that needs to be talked about.

• Like 1

@Robbie

I've Not Heard or Read anything else about Snus, there's been No update from any Main Stream Media (as I've seen anyway) My Original Thread on this Topic is currently on Page 17 of the PON Website. One of Snus main problems is it increases the Risk Of Heart Problems !! Make you think doesn't it? Also could it part of the Reason why Players Suddenly Feel Tired? Whatever it is Snus needs looking into by the F.A. and Banning, or Football could end up having a lot more Young Fit Players Suddenly Collapsing on the Pitch, Heaven Forbid.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I couldn't find anything recent either since those last reports. Seems that they want the story buried, I wonder why?

This dangerous habit is not going to help sportsmen in the long term and it's use needs to be put in the spotlight, highlighting the dangers of it's use.

I'll monitor the airwaves from time to time to see if SNUS is mentioned or not.

• Like 2

Good Luck To You @Robbie but  I think you may be Flogging a Dead Horse. Because has you have said the SNUS Addiction of Players is Something that People Want Buried.

What will it take for this to be Brought into the Spotlight? Some World Class Player Collapses and Dies on the Pitch in Front of Thousands of Fans and his Death can be linked to his use of the SNUS Drug. That Statement is a Morbid One I Know but it's Probably the only way the Use of this Drug will be brought back to the Forefront of Awareness.

• Like 2