• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What are your thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its disappointing because it could have gone digital instead, therefore, reducing paper waste and allowing people to read it on their phones. i think its sad that we have dropped them. i understand it, and its good that the club will be focusing on content on the site but its still a shame.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Scrapping the Mag is the most convenient choice. The content IMO could have been much better, the first few pages are very insightful, but it soon turns into ads and page fillers. This said, it's sad to see it go, but there's no profit in doing it and the club would want that. Reducing the pages to 16 from 30* was a step towards it being axed.

In reality, that only decreased the quality and postponed the decision temporarily.

A digital version would be interesting, potentially cheaper and profitable, but it might not catch on well enough. I know, some clubs do sell digital versions.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I'm very sorry to see it go. Things are changing so fast, it's getting hard to keep up with all of them nowadays.

Programmes have always been a part of Matchday. Notts don't make it exactly clear whether they are having an online mag or not.

It will be sad if there isn't something akin to the mag on the new website, that fans can read before the match.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Bit saddened that the programmes are stopping, used to always like getting a programme. More recently have just purchased them for particular games but I suppose the demand just isn't there anymore.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

When they halved the number of pages it was clear what was going to happen. I think programmes became too bulky (who needs a 60-page volume to read at half time?), so it was necessary to shorten it - but not at the same price as before!

The world has largely moved on, but I still think there could have been another way. When I last watched Cologne play, they handed out free fold-out programmes including a couple of basic articles and a team sheet, funded by ads. Of course, the more people read it, the more valuable it is to advertisers, so maybe it paid for itself? 

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

All the adverts in the programmes are connected to the EFL, money which is paid to Notts before hand and then they have to put the ads in - including social media. I quite like the idea of a folding one - I miss the ones that used to be able to fit in your pocket. It's after those were scrapped for the larger size, I bought them very seldomly and not very often at all.

Nothing will bring back a physical form, it's sad but I do know fans can get a team sheet. I think they were sold for £1, which is expensive for just a printed copy but it's something at least.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,135
  • Days Won:  17

I never bothered with them. So I can't really pass comment.  But Matchday Programs always seem part of the experience on Gameday , and there's an awful lot of Avid Collectors out there,  who will miss them but if the Club were losing money on producing the Mag it's understandable about them Scrapping it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think it you are a season ticket holder or member with a ticket, one should at least get a team sheet free if charge, or a free online team sheet that can be downloaded an hour before kick off.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

I suppose down the line the decision could always be reversed. Not that I see it happening, but for those who collect them or enjoy reading the content before kick-off/half-time, they will look like stooges worrying about the league table, pulling their phones out and staring into them.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

I haven’t bought a programme for years now. I just don’t see the value, and they quickly become paper waste. If it was more like a magazine, I might reconsider, but the last time I bought one, the paper was worse than toilet roll, and there were more ads than good content.

• Like 1