Will Swan to Notts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I watched Match Talk on Notts TV the other night and the guest Notts fan Adrian somebody, said he’d heard that the Mansfield forward could be coming to Notts, he asked Charlie McParland who is employed by Mansfield if he’d heard anything but Charlie was tight lipped.

Anyone else heard this rumour.

I think it’d be a great signing if we could pull it off.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

it could be hype to make the programme more interesting, but there could be something in it. will swan did okay for mansfield, i dont know enough about him to say he would be a good addition to the club.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

They’ve got quite a number of players who can play upfront; Akins and Gregory started against Barnsley and then Nichols and Evans came on as the subs. Swan was an unused sub. They’ve also got Quinn a very young forward and Rhys Oates who I assume is currently injured.

As Quinn and Swan are the only young forwards they have, long-term I think they’d be better off losing someone else but if Mansfield are more concerned about the short-term goal of staying in League 1 maybe we’ve got a chance of signing him because his game time might be quite limited.

At only 23 he's still got his best days ahead of him and he's already scored a decent number of goals in League 2.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

Will Swan seems to have an eye for goal and looks capable of being moulded into a player that could thrive with our style of play. He did well with Mansfield, but I think the fact that Charlie McParland didn’t reply is simply because he’s employed by Mansfield. It wouldn’t be wise for him to speculate or comment without their acknowledgment.

I do think @menzinho makes an interesting point. Mansfield are only thinking about the short term, and a lot of clubs do this. We have been guilty of this at times in the past. Luther Wildin and Colby Bishop have both proved themselves to be good players if they are played.

For clubs that are constantly building and thinking about the future, opportunities like this potential move could open up the chance to make a solid signing.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I like what I've seen so far. I think bringing in a new striker would be good, but otherwise, we should be fine for now.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's always rumours, usually most are picked up and speculated from what is said in interviews. The media sway on the narrative, but I do think having played our first game that the club may realise we actually do need one or two more additions. I think the loss of Aaron Nemane has made us weaker, Nick Tsaroulla may fill some of this gap but I do think a winger/AM might be a wise area to explore. Ideally, we will linning up a striker and signing them up.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He could be a good player for us. The club is probably thinking about who they might be able to attract. If Will Swan isn’t getting game time, it could make the move likely. I don’t know much about him, other than that he was in good form and everyone was talking about him at Mansfield.

• Like 1