Match Discussion: Game 2 - The Fishermen (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Tsaroulla has to be in the team to face Grimsby. It's a no brainer.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

8 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Just to say, it was Scott who lost his man when marking for Fleetwood's first goal

what was jatta doing?

the first goal was very well worked, i dont really make faults for that kind of goal. yet i think its jatta who could have got a header. for me if a player is front of the ball, then there is no reason not to react to defending a situation. cedwyn scott did get beat, but thats what happens and wrestling with a player in a penalty box when you have been out moved like that would be silly. for me, i think both could have done better, but its harsh to single out just scott when jatta with his size could have easily made it his ball.

fleetwood were very good, a good team that worked well with each other and focused on getting chances. they were happy to sit back, which is a shame notts did not make the most of the first half. i hope we play with a more cutting edge against grimsby.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Fleetwood Town did very well; they took their chances and were happy to wait for those chances to strike. I can’t help but feel Notts needs to be a bit like this in the games when it’s harder for them. The second half was a great display by Notts. It did feel like we left it a bit late to get back into it, and without the penalty, Fleetwood would have gone home very happy with their performance. It’s early days, but sometimes I just wish Notts would take a gamble when shooting and not rely on walking it in or crossing.

• Like 2

• Joshua unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

I thought Jodi and Crowley were a class apart again today. It was great to see Matty Palmer come on as a sub after his injury woes, and I thought he really made a difference. Also, it was great to see Tsaroulla come on as a sub - he looks a class act and gave us more threat down the left. I felt sorry for Scott, he is not a left winger and it showed.

Our defensive frailties are not due to personnel but formation. A 4-2-3-1 would solidify our defence whilst allowing Jodi the licence to utilise his attacking nature. This has been needed even when LW was here, although our free scoring often masked the issue. Possession is irrelevant, as we have shown in every game since SM took over. We have a playoff squad with a relegation manager.

Good performance and character though. Good squad now and Matty Palmer is back.

• Love 1