• Surprised 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,217
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

So the FA have got their man.

Is Thomas Tuchel the right man to take England to the next level by winning an international trophy?

Tuchel will have the choice of picking some of the biggest names in world football. Will he be able to hone them into a great team to take on the best in the World?

The FA think so. Do you?

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,476
  • Days Won:  287

Seems a bit of a strange appointment to me given his talent for falling out with people. At least no one can accuse the FA of appointing a "yes man" this time!

It's also a bit sad that we're having to appoint from abroad again. Have English coaches so little to offer? As coaching the England team is very different from being a club manager, I'd have been happy with a "no name" coach who knows the setup and can organise and inspire the players. Whether Carsley would have been an option I don't know. But of course I hope TT does well!

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,281
  • Days Won:  17

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear. Poor Choice it Doesn't Matter what the Guy has done at Club Level, being a National Side Coach is a whole Different Ball Game. And Coaching the England Team and Being German is Going to throw up a load of Unique Problems, some of which I've touched on, on here. If like it's been stated Tuchel isn't a Yes Man, then he's Not Going to last long with the FA, plus the Fact one of his Major Problems at Chelsea was he couldn't Handle Prima Donna Players, then he's going to have his work cut with some of England's so called Stars.

Eddie Howe should have been Chosen. It's a Dark Day when an Englishman isn't picked to lead his Country. Sean Dyche is another Manager who like Howe had taken an unfancied Team (in his case Burnley) up into the Heady Heights of the Premier League and like Howe Knows how to Mold Players Together and Get Them Playing As A Team, something the Present England Team are in Dire Need Of. I await the Media Headlines when Tuchel's England Team Suffer It's First Defeat.

• Like 3

Supporter+

I am surprised that he's been appointed because he doesn't seem the sort of chap that will accept being a yes man to the FA.

I've read up on him, & he seems to be a  strict disciplinarian & can be divisive too. I read in the spectator that he had bust ups with players & higher ups.

So it will be interesting how the FA's relationship with him will develop & how the England players warm to him. 

There is no doubt that he is an excellent coach, & a successful one at that. He knows all the England players well, & will be familiar with many top players in the PL 

Now he's been chosen I think we  need to all get behind him & give him a chance. World Cup qualification will be his focus, then hopefully winning the tournament.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,895
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well let’s give him a chance, it could be an inspired appointment or it could be a disaster, time will tell.

• Love 1

Supporter+

So Tuchel isn't starting the job of England Manager till January 2025. Who's going to lead England till then?

England have two matches to play before then. Someone will have to pick a team & lead them into those games. This is very strange.

• Like 1

Supporter+

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,895
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Agreed but what do you expect from the mail, it’s not fit to wipe my bum on.

• Like 1

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Agreed but what do you expect from the mail, it’s not fit to wipe my bum on.

There are a few more I could mention that would make good loo roll, like the Mirror & the Guardian, but I'll stick with the loo roll.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,342
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

16 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Well let’s give him a chance, it could be an inspired appointment or it could be a disaster, time will tell.

I am very disappointed by the appointment, not because he's German but because I don't rate him as a manager. Thomas Tuchel should have been given longer at Chelsea, so it's not that, but I just don't see him as being a strong candidate for an international team.

Danny Mills makes an interesting point about Tuchel missing two games before he takes over. I don't know if he has commitments currently, but I think it's negative that a manager doesn't want to jump into his position with games before - something which would help him in the longer term you would imagine? Gareth Southgate will prove to his doubters, just why he managed to have such success with England despite not being considered the level required going in, and massively being disrespected for what he did achieve during his time.

There will always be negative, and mardy "fans" in football, but I do think appointing from within the U21s is a good way to go about it.

I had no issue personally giving Lee Carsley longer, as I think his knowledge of playing coming up would be something useful in the long run. Anyone appointed is likely to need time, and might not be the best candidate, but it's what they bring to the team which gives me potential in their ability. Tuchel is very unknown at the international level, and I am very doubtful he will get the best out of us.

As it's been stated, there's not a wide range of good candidates, but I just don't feel we had to rush.

• Like 1