PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 14 - The Sulphurites (H)

Team: Harrogate Town

Date: 26/10/2024

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Based on yesterday's performance, I believe we need to focus on putting the ball into areas where we can take shots. Instead of trying to walk the ball into the net, I found Notts to be quite unimpressive, and I think Harrogate will aim to defend tightly and block our attempts. At this point, it’s clear how much Jodi Jones is thinking about how to adapt to the opposition, yet no one seems to be doing the same. We can isolate Jatta and expect him to take chances, but yesterday he rarely had more than two players near him. No one tried to create space, draw a defender away, or open up opportunities for others. This is something we really need to start doing.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

We have to get Crowley further up the pitch to open up defences 

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  689
  • Days Won:  1

We play too defensively half the time. We need to try to push further up the field and make use of our creative players to create more chances.

I hope we opt for a more settled back three. I would also like to see Jatta and David McGoldrick start in the lineup.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,322
  • Days Won:  17

Reading the Comments of other PON Members in this Section. Aren't You All Fed Up Of Continuingly Repeating Yourselves? None of Us are Professional Coaches But We All Can See Where the Magpies are Going Wrong and We continue to Ask Why The Hell Can't Stuart Maynard?

The Answer to That maybe look at the Magpies Current League Position, despite the Fact in some Games this Season Where Notts have Ridden Their Luck, the Dice seem to have Fallen in the Magpies Favour. They shouldn't have gotten a Point at either Chesterfield or last night at Barrow, but somehow they Did and as long as Notts Keep getting these points or Sneaking a Win, expect more of the Same Playing Wise. It seemed that Maynard had begun to Mix things up at the Start of the Season and it paid off Handsomely, but for some Strange reason the Notts Head Coach seems to be Going Back To His Old Bad Habits, so what is it going to take him to Switch Back? Have Notts Got To End Up Getting a Right  Good Old Fashion Thumping or losing Matches on a Regular basis? When the Fans start getting on Maynard's Back  Again?

Regarding the Harrogate Match, I Think Another Boring Draw or Perhaps Notts Might Just Scrape a Win.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,427
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

At this particular time. I don't care how Notts get a result. I just want a positive result by any means available.

It doesn't have to be pretty or cultured or attractive. I just want Notts to be mean at the back, strong & physical in midfield & take their chances up front when they become available.

We have to remember we had seven players unavailable for the Barrow match, including our best player & several important squad members, who would have started the match if they'd been fit.

Notts just have grind out results if necessary & the pretty football can go on the back burner for now, & get to the end of the year in touch with the leaders.

Stop the opposition scoring & you only have to score one to win. That's what Notts should be aiming for at this time..

Aim to win at home, try to be undefeated away & get the odd win. That's a good recipe for success