Murray nominated for PotM

Chris

"Ronan Murray has been rewarded for his stunning form after he was nominated for League One's player of the month for March. The Notts County striker has been in..."

Official Article - Here

Well Done Ronan Murray, I hope he goes on to win it. It does highlight his hardwork!

big shout by the league to name him, i hope he also goes on to win. i have doubts tho joe

You might be right Liam but it's good that hes been nominated.

This brings a positive feeling to Notts.I hope he gets it.

No doubt about that, great achievement for club and player. C'mon Murray!

I hope he does not get it. Or is that just the management side of things, where it jinxes that specific person on the performance side of things.

He has done fantastically well, I hope he continues in this form because he could, even though he's only been here for a couple of months, he can still get player of the season.

Good luck Murray

Good news for all associated with Notts.

Supporter+

Marvellous, I hope he wins it and if he does I hope it doesn't jinx him like @Canadian says these things seem to have a jinx with them.

A follower of ours on FB's added an interesting thought tho, with his recent form and of course goals. Would it not be best to tie his contract up? If he does win, it will alert a lot more clubs and we could end up losing him. Yet, this said, I do see Murray being faithful because you can tell he's enjoying it and he will want to continue with that. I have no doubts about that!

Did anyone read the synopsis for the other players? Some of the those right ups must have been done by their mothers, the lad at Sheff Utd nearly got a declaration of marriage... 

I skimmed 'em, I'm not very big on reading what the FL have to say. :shifty:

I will go back and have a look!

Michael Doyle (Sheffield United) — midfielder
The United captain provided an almost impregnable shield to a defence which kept six clean sheets during March. He protected the back four with numerous blocks and tackles, and was outstanding at Preston North End and Crawley Town.

Ronan Murray (Notts County) — striker
The Irishman’s return to the line-up triggered an upturn in Notts County’s fortunes and sparked a scoring surge from the 22-year-old with five goals in four starts. His directness had defenders back-pedalling while his finishing was equally forthright.

James Tavernier (Rotherham United) — full-back
The pacy Newcastle United loanee has been outstanding in both defence and attack. Contributed to five clean sheets in his six matches and scored three goals — two stunning free-kicks and a 30-yard pile-driver against Bristol City.

Callum Wilson (Coventry City) — striker
The 22-year-old’s poise in front of goal continues to amaze in his first season of League football. He has assumed sole responsibility up front since Leon Clarke left. Scored in five straight games, notching seven goals in total.

:P

Just proves how important his contribution has been recently and highlights what we were missing for the majority of this and last season.

Agreed, have you seen the comments still found surrounding his sending off? Poor lad still gets stick.

You're right, it dies highlight him though.

Archived