New signing Nicky Wroe

Supporter+

Notts have signed a 28 year old midfielder Nicky Wroe on a two year deal.

Anyone seen him play?

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/notts-snap-up-midfielder-nicky-wroe-1707467.aspx

Supporter+

I had a good laugh at those comments on the official FB face that this guy is quality. How many of them have seen him play? He looks like a solid enough player and should do a job for us. Bottom of League One/Top of League 2 seems to be his standard. Given our limited resources, I'll take that. 

Couple of Preston fans I spoke to on Facebook say he can be quality on his day and is capable of scoring sprees, but they do say he lacks confidence for some reason. Being constantly in and out of the side maybe didn't help. Going by that, if Derry can put as much confidence into him as he did with the players we had towards the end of last season, he could turn into a decent player for us

He's like Bishop, hard working and gives 100%. I've seen him play quite a few times and know that he's still worth his place even when quiet. When he were younger, I felt he would make the grade to the Championship but he's definitely a good League One and Two player.

If we're seeking players who can do a job and understands our leagues, this guy does.

For once I am glad that there's hardly any negativity here, it's a good thing! If he sets down and does his job, which I am sure he will do. We will soon have a player which the fans can relate to and like, as I say he's honest and hard working. @shrewswill rates him and often mentioned him ahead of our games, it's a signing within this league which any of the sides near relegation would hope to have but top end over look. I firmly believe with SD and GA, mixed with an hard working squad. We will see the player which forged his career within our leagues.

It's hardly a bad signing.

tbh he fits the bill for us right now. Will hopefully give 110 % for the cause and with a good run in a settled side will only get better.

This along with the rumours about Blair Adams from Coventry and the day seems better again!!!

Well, he's another "nearly man". He fits the bill re: grafter, good attitude - but has never pulled up trees anywhere. Sort of solid but unspectacular from memory.

Agree, you'd think some of these signings were direct from the World Cup!

Best of luck to him and welcome aboard. Replacing last season's departures will not be easy, tough ask. Hope he performs as he can do, on a consistent level, and retains a regular place.

Archived