Derry to Crystal Palace?

Cobby

Supporter+

Unlikely but we'll have to wait and see.

Supporter+

I reckon he'd go if asked but whether he is asked is another question.

I think it would be a foolish move, Warnock's never cut it at that level and he would be likely to be sacked when their boardbecome scared. Assistant or manager? It will say a lot about Shaun's ambition.

I don't believe its true.

Supporter+

Apparently Derry's wife and kids are London based, he shares a house with Greg Abbott in the local area and travels back home when he can.

I would imagine if offered a job at Palace the money would be better than he is on at Notts. As regards ambition is it better to be a No 1 at a small club or a No2 at a big club?

On the basis that he stopped playing, and earning, at a higher level in order to pursue a managerial career - it's a tough call.

It depends upon his relationship with Warnock and whether or not he prefers to learn directly under a man who he trusts or stand on his own 2 feet a while longer. The domestic situation is not ideal or helpful IMO. That may well impact any decision, should one become necessary. It may not, of course, it might just be Warnock speculating or deliberately rocking the boat!

At this stage all we can do is watch & wait. If he goes, he goes - I'm used to losing managers and hoping the next one will be better etc. However, I do think it is utterly naive to believe that Derry would put being a "Notts man" above his family or career, that is simply absurd. If he fancies working at Palace and the opportunity arises then he'll go, full stop, the end.

Supporter+

Warnock on Radio Red this morning saying he will make a decision next week about who will help him at Palace.

If SD goes I'd expect Greg Wallace to take the reins at Notts.

SHAUN Derry has pledged his allegiance to Notts County amid speculation linking him with a move to Crystal Palace.

After Neil Warnock was named new Eagles manager this week, there were reports linking the Magpies manager with a position on his backroom staff at Selhurst Park.

Warnock yesterday said he had not made any decisions on who would be joining him at Premier League Palace, but it was understood Derry’s name was linked – having played under Warnock as a player at Palace and QPR in the past.

But when asked about the speculation at his weekly Notts County press conference today, Derry said: “Would I be interested in a return? No I wouldn’t.â€

RELATED CONTENT

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-boss-Shaun-Derry-interested-return/story-22848846-detail/story.html#ixzz3Bmyp24LB
Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-boss-Shaun-Derry-interested-return/story-22848846-detail/story.html#sF4p3mBaKfdGe2lI.99

Archived