Portsmouth Vs Notts

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

current forecast doesnt seem good but hopefully it will go ahead. notts need to try to show character now which on a good day would see us take all 3 points.

i wouldnt say this is a easy game

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's been mentioned on Facebook a fair bit Liam, things might change between now and then. I personally will wait to see, last time I was told it was slim and it ended up being called off whilst this time it will probably go ahead. It depends on the ref and conditions I guess but I very much hope that we can see the game go ahead. We need to keep calm, attack but more importantly we need to create chances or just gamble on our attacks. I don't dismiss Portsmouth either despite their fans saying we will slaughter them because Orient fans said the same thing :)

Hope the lads just go out to enjoy the game and do their best, all we can ask really. (3 points would be nice though)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Forecast was for rain Monday evening into then into the night and very heavy rain all through tommorow. I'd be surprised if their pitch could withstand the amount of wather it looks like it'll be up against, its usually one corner of their pitch which is a major problem.

I'm hoping they inspect nice and early and put us out of our misery. Save us travelling there. If I have to get all the way to Fratton Park to find the games off again I WILL be writing a strongly worded letter to the Football League. Still, we're only fans aren't we?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

How many games does Notts have now to reply? It must be frustrating for the club and players so hopefully the game can go ahead. The match officials need to make sure they make the right call asap!

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

How many games does Notts have now to reply? It must be frustrating for the club and players so hopefully the game can go ahead. The match officials need to make sure they make the right call asap!

not that many Steve, one or two at the most. it sounds like the game will go ahead, it's been reported as okay on sky. officials watching over it

It depends who we are speaking about as many teams have now played different amounts of games.

Notts County "Played" 27

Above us;
Coventry = 30
MK Dons = 26
Yeovil = 27
Crawley = 27
Walsall = 30

Below;
Most have played 28
All apart from our dear friends Shrewsbury who have played 30 games.

Game sounds likely to go ahead from what I've read, at least from Portsmouth way.

• Content Count:  53

COME ON YOU PIES! 

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

I am really annoyed that I can't make this game. Cant afford the time off work again. Dam the weather for causing the earlier game to be postponed. I fear this my be the last time we play Portsmouth. (Fingers crossed for Pompey fans, hope the club pulls through). This should be an easy win for Notts. Hopefully by 3 or 4 goals. You Pies.

looks good to go. shame for those who cant make it this time as we need fans there backing the boys. i hope we can with, 3 or 4 would be heaven.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Will be listening again on the radio .Good luck.

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

I hope you win, Shrewsbury doesn't have a game until saturday so i will try and listen to Notts if i can get it on.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well we won 2-0 and although it wasn't a brilliant performance by the sound of it the conditions were awful. So we did the job we needed to do. Well done Notts.

The only fly in the ointment was Bishop's sending off, we need him and now he will be missing for possibly 3 matches. Why did he have to get involved in a fight when we had won the match?

• Content Count:  207

Well deserved win for Notts County! I had a great time in the chat room with a group of friendly Notts fans. Well apart from Joe hinting at comments in my direction but I ignore him! ;)

Go on and climb the league!

It was good.

I liked it, it's a nice feeling having have a chat during the game and I like that more so with the friendly football fans we have here who don't support Notts but luck out for us. The first goal I was nervous about because of how we sit back but the second goal was a huge relief! I'm so glad that we did the stuff but disappointed at the sending off. I can't comment because I didn't hear what happened :(

Supporter+

The interview with Keith Curle has made me laugh he said it showed the unity of the club when Bishop was prepared to contribute to the Chairman's fund for a new striker with the money he would be fined by the football club for getting sent off.

:D :D

I wished I had kept on the MP to hear those comments! ncfcdrapes (Paul Smith) kindly wrote up his thoughts which can be found here.

Good on Bish to make those comments! I can't wait until our next game. :)

good one bish! he will be busy tonight on twitter no doubt. good win for us regardless but we do need to get back to our plans. a striker will be a good start!

• Content Count:  401

i sadly couldnt hear the match due to work commitments....what actually happened with bish?

glad we won though x

Supporter+

I don't think Bish said it, the comment came from Curle, he was joking saying that because they would fine Bishop for being sent off the money would go back to the club if you see what I mean.

Ah my mistake. I didn't hear it on the MP videos which reminds I need to see if the Media Team as uploaded the extended highlights. I'm getting really excited for the Hartlepool match which Jake is also very much looking forward too. It was hear us win in such condition and Bish's Interview yesterday may sound like 'A broken record' his own words but at least he knows the performances need adding too. I'm optimistic about us climbing the league and 3 points in our next game would go along way. I wouldn't write them off completely though :D

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Nice 3 points. Onwards and forwards. Next step Hartlepool. No reason not to come away with another 3 points. Mind you, the weather is always bad there. Let's hope it won't be a wasted journey (again). Looking forward to the trip, especially as I will have company this time.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

The game wasn't too bad, Its good we won!

Shame that Bishop was sent off though.

3 points...

Archived