Hartlepool Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This will be an interesting game despite some expectations as I don't see this one being all that easy. Hartlepool might be at the bottom of the league but I expect them to be very much up for this one. I've been communicating with some of their fans who aren't looking forward to the game but as I said on one of their fan sites "Our sides might not be setting the world alight with performances but football is about clashes like ours and you never know you could end up taking all 3 points. It might not be glamorous game but disappointment is part of the footballing package. I remain upbeat about the game" It's all about looking forward to clashes like this and for me it's what Saturday's as a football fan is all about.

I'm just very happy that I won't be listening to this away day at home. :D

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be at home, but listening in.  I don't think it will be an easy game either, and I hope that we can steal the points.  I was hoping we'd have someone in to strengthen our forward line but maybe not now we've lost O'Grady to Barnsley.  Let's hope we have enough to clinch it as it could possibly leave us only 2 points off the playoffs depending how other games go.  That would put us right back in the mix.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Whether playing top or bottom teams, in reality, there are no easy games,but on paper this should be at the very least a draw.

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Enjoy it Joe! Away days are good fun and it's always nice to see things as a visitor. I think Notts should be able to restore some of their confidence here, which doesn't mean I think you'll walk the game but you have a good chance of winning. They'll need to be up for it so as things stand both sides lack confidence which usually results in decent games. Hope I'm not wrong :D

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

i'll be at home too with my youngest 2. Be listening to it at home. I'm hoping for a win but we'll have to wait and see how Notts play on the day.

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Totally agree. Most would say this will be an easy win. In the last 13 games at Hartlepool we have won 1, drawn 4 and lost 8. It always turns out to be a hard fought game, and the weather is normally bad. But I will be there as normal. Three points would be a bonus, can we find that end product? Hope so. You Pies!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

training ground will be vital and keith curles success here relies on him finding a way for to make the chances created count. he has my backing but we surely have to win?

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  1

I will be hoping for a good game for Notts as i will for Shrewsbury.

Will be great if we both get a win and obviously 3 points up.

I will be hoping for a good game for Notts as i will for Shrewsbury.

Will be great if we both get a win and obviously 3 points up.

yes good luck fs. reading the o/s i feel things can only get more interesting.

3-1 i think the score will be.

Anyone else going to guess the score?

No guesses from me. Used to get it right a lot, but been failing miserably. So gave up.

No guesses from me. Used to get it right a lot, but been failing miserably. So gave up.

That's the same case for me, I gave up. WeymouthPie has the knack of being able to guess fairly well :P

Myself I'm shocking!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Must win this game but it will be far from easy. The new manager has them playing a different style of football, and they seem to have a hell of a lot more fight in them than what they did before the new manager came in. You dont go to Brammal Lane and beat Sheffield United 3-2 just by luck.

Confident we can win, I am for every game, but I have to say I'm concerned about what the backlash from fans will be like if we dont win...

Gosport Borough away with Weymouth for me tommorow, a second trip to Portsmouth in 4 days (well, near Portsmouth). Gosport are unbeaten in 14 games but they're without their two main strikers - one's injured, and the other, who happens to be the league's leading scorer is away on honeymoon!

very bad game...i mean: they are at the bottom of the table...

Doesn't give us the right to win them IM. All the top teams lose to sides, some of those are to teams in bottom half of the table. Yes the game was disappointing, it was very concerning the first half but the second was better. We should be able to win the teams lower than our-self but this isn't always going to happen. It's a day I'll take the positives which aren't related to the teams performance myself and that is enough to make me happy.

COYP!!

• Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

Yes, but it's important not to lose points against lower team.

If Notts wants the play offs, has to play more concentrated 

I agree with you but we don't have this luxury sadly.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Well the wheels well and truly came off today. A very bad day at the office but one which didnt really surprise me strangely. I suppose having grown up watching us lose to the teams at the bottom who we should be beating I've gotten used to it. I have to admit when the result came through I laughed. It was either laugh or cry.

I can't defend that result at all. I ike to be positive and will normally look for any positive in a defeat but I can't really do that today I dont think.

What I'll say is this should be the big kick up the backside some badly underperforming players need. Certain players who started the season playing so well have faded badly over the last few months. If we're serious about making the play-offs we need to bounce back big time from today's game.

The only positive from today is that we didnt lose ground on most of the sides at the top.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Good point ,Weymouth,a kick up the arris!!.The thing now is to see how Notts perform in their next match.

What the heck.

Don't watch as the ball will end up in the back of our net! I did warn you ;)

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I am away from home at the moment with a very poor Internet connection so I was only able to follow the match via twitter.

I have to say I was very disappointed with the result we really should be beating the sides below us (well below us in this case) but as Joe has pointed out we don't have a devine right to win just because they are bottom of the league.

You have to question the players attitude to this game, did they turn up expecting an easy ride?

OK, not the best day at the office.

Hartlepool did not look like a team that are sat at the bottom of the league. They looked like the team that beat Sheffield Utd 3-1 away a short time ago.

We were under performing in the first half, they were right in to us on every move. They are a physical team. Poor defending saw them gifted an early goal. KC changed things at half time. Moved Liddle into midfield and replace him with Kelly in the back three. Instant improvement. Nice goal goal from JCR, unfortunately after all our pressure we let it slip again.

Still, a good day out. Always optimistic, most of the teams above used failed to get points. Just wish I could get off work for Stevenage on Tuesday. Never mind, back at Meadow Lane on Saturday. You Pies.

wasnt able to get on yesterday as i had to attend some family matters. disappointed by the result it was shocking. oh well

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I didn't attend the game but my husband(Notts-Joe) and our son Jake did. The game sounded abit disappointing as Notts lost and didn't appear to be playing at their best either. We will move on from this and find a new manager too.

Hartlepool are lower down the league than us but as shown yestaday it doesn't mean it would be an easy win, both teams needed to try their best.

Archived