Football Manager 2015

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I noticed in game in Leicester that FM 2015 was available for pre-order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPhF0_S0pQ

I'm a little disappointed they've changed the design again, you get used to one way and then they switch. Over on the SI after 2013 (I think it was) the lead developer promised it would be the last time and surprise, surprise it's gone back to the old style which this video tries to deny.

That said, there are several things I am keen about. Such as the improvements to the stadium, it actually reminds me of USM 98/2000 where you was able to devolop a ground but of course on FM you can't do that but it does add to the real feel. The match engine seems a little more "gaming", I'm not sure it looks very realistic by this video it seems quite poor.

It is good you can choose the style of manager you see yourself, however I don't get why in the video it suggests players would respect you more for being a tactical manager. You'll earn respect for being a good manager, not for wearing a suit.

I'd be a tracksuit manager any day ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it looks pretty good, better changes than they seem to do. i play the handheld version, which i find to be enjoyable. i would not buy this or the 2015 handheld version tho.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

I am not really much of a gamer.

This is one of the only series of games which I do have interests in. I play fm2012 though, i prefer it. This does not look bad, some nice changes.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Really used to be addicted to this, but as they've tinkered more and more I've found it less playable. Hope this new one cuts down on the useless info and gets the game moving faster.

I'm deffo looking forward to this. But then again, I do most years.

What do you think about the changes though mate? I have been watching demo videos and the graphics in matches does look better but it does look a little bit like 'it's not that better'.

Just curious on other peoples thoughts on the changes.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Yeah I thought it looks better,  but deffo 'not that better'. 

I don't mind the layout, well, I say that now, ask me after a couple of hours playing when I can't find anything! 

FYI: I just got a CD Key for 19.99 from SimplyCDKeys, its about 10 quid cheaper than elsewhere. 

FYI: I just got a CD Key for 19.99 from SimplyCDKeys, its about 10 quid cheaper than elsewhere. 

I just told @cheeky-k8 I wouldn't be buying it!

Though anyone playing older versions who hasn't purchased each year, it might be a good setup. I actually regret in some senses that I did buy FM14, why? Well it was hyped up so much I bought into the features and for me they just simply moved a lot of things (made it tidier) but mostly of the "major" changes was "simple" tweaks or odd adjustments.

This year it seems more than just slight changes but not enough to warrant the jump.

i wished they could add some major improvements to the handheld game, though i do like the classic look.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

I might sound like a simpleton, but I prefer the mobile (Handheld) versions. It's much more to the point and you can get a season finished much quicker. Maybe I'm just more of an instant gratification kind of person, haha.

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  1

Fm15 is so hard, players moan, hard to win. Not really that enjoyable.lol

Fm15 is so hard, players moan, hard to win. Not really that enjoyable.lol

Is it out now then? I thought it was in beta and the demo had gone gold. (I actually sound like I am interested in buying it)

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  1

Geeks at my work av been playing it for a week now. got it early somehow? I ad go on his laptop, didnt like it at all. I wouldn't buy it. Save your money.

Not out until next week. From early reports from people on the beta it's not looking too great.

Maybe a genuine case for torrent first then buy.

Not that I'm suggesting in anyway officer people download a game from an

...errrr..

illegal website such as kickass Torrents or use anything such as Private Internet Access program so isps can't block such sites. Honestly officer.

Oh dear. Read some (all) of the negative comments from users posted on their own steam page. ( Scroll down the page.)

So glad I didn't pre-order this now. The reception has been terrible and seems another money grab rather than genuine improvements.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/295270/

Money really is becoming a serious issue for game makers in the sense than all they see is the £ or $ sign and rush games out to the publishers tune.

I was looking forward to Footy Manager, the new Civilisation game, stronghold crusader 2 and all of them have been below par so far. It's really poor that they expect you to buy  a game then wait 3 months for them to tinker and constantly update it until it becomes slightly playable!

See this is why I usually hold off from buying a game straight a way, the last time I did, I had to wait about 5 months for a pretty major bug to be fixed and once it was. The darn game had to be restarted because the fix wasn't game save compatible.

I used to play FIFA Manager and Total Club Manager before they re-branded it.

TCM was always spot on but FIFA Manager became very bloated and buggy, I love being able to play and manage my sides. Whilst having all the cool features like progressing youths and players, building stadiums etc but bugs ruin series for me.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I still have FM 2005. I'm not fussed about having the latest players or leagues as they all change after a season or two in the game anyway. I don't need to see a stadium or the latest shirt, I can use my imagination  B)

I still have FM 2005. I'm not fussed about having the latest players or leagues as they all change after a season or two in the game anyway. I don't need to see a stadium or the latest shirt, I can use my imagination B)

have you tried the handheld version? its like the classic version.

i dont see the need to buy year in or out either, personally happy with the handheld version which i play a fair bit. no laptop/desktop to play the full game but i do like older versions.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using Tapatalk

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Thanks @liampie, but I can't download FM Handheld cos I'm forrin. The price is listed in euros, but all my devices (which are only a few months old) are shown as uncompatible. Shame.

Ok so I've had a few tweaking issues, mainly to do with my tactics. (I got sacked after 9 straight losses :P)

However, just started a new save and it seems to be going well. So here are my ins and outs:

OUTS:

It's quite a big problem getting rid of players. A lot of them are underrated, Hollis, Jones, Thompson ect. When trying to offload these underrated players, noone really wants them, and you need the wages to sign others. So getting rid of them by cancelling the contract is pretty much the only way.

Haynes - Released. Not overrated, just rubbish.
Murray - Released. 
Thompson - Released.
Harrad - Released
Whitehouse, Mckenzie, Balmy and McGowan out on loan.

IN:

Stefan Mihajlovic - Quality striker , only 20 and got him on 1.2k a week!
Callum Robinson (Loan) - No wages, quality to rotate with the above.
Jake Cooper - (Loan) Needed a rotation CB as Hollis is underrated.
Omar Rowe - Backup to AMR/AML positions.
Anthony Stewart - Signed for the future. Not great TBH

Charis Mavrias (Loan) - Awesome in the AMR and also chips in with goals. No wages.
Jordan Graham (Loan) - See above, only for the left wing.
Mihai Leca - Only 22, decent at this level and is a rotation player. He'll play just less than half our games I reckon.
Aaron Mokoena - Alright, he's 33 and his wages aren't exactly tiny, but he's a stand-out player for this league.
Papa Bouba Diop - He's 36! But wages weren't expensive and another stand-out player if he stays fit.

Further updates to follow :)

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I think the games okay, yet not worth buying if you own FM 2014. Any older and its worthwhile but check your machines specs!

Not a bad season to be honest, I wasn't expecting a lot but we managed to sneak into the playoffs (6th). With a bit (A lot) of luck, we managed to go up! 

Ray Trew is as tight as owt in the game, and gave me only 8k more in wages for the Champ. Cheers Ray. This meant that players who were out of contract and expecting a wage hike, such as Roy Carroll and Haydn Mullins, had to be let go as we couldn't afford them!

A low down on the players I signed:

Stefan Mihajlovic - Was pretty immense, but seemed to go through 3-5 games without scoring, then get a hattrick for 2 games in a row. Deffo worth signing though.
Callum Robinson (Loan) - Quality backup striker.
Jake Cooper - (Loan) - Good signing. Got him on loan for the Champ too.
Omar Rowe - Barely played. Not worth signing.
Anthony Stewart - Released in January. Not worth signing. 

Charis Mavrias (Loan) - Got no end of assists, worth signing.
Jordan Graham (Loan) - As above, apart from an annoying tendency to cut inside from the left, dribbling past a couple of players only for his shot to be hopelessly wide. 
Mihai Leca - Good signing, and rotated throughout the CB positions. 
Aaron Mokoena -Quality signing, and a rock at CB.
Papa Bouba Diop - More often injured than not. Probably would do without him if I had the season again. 

• 2 months later...

Well the game seems largely improved now, I'm doing very well.

10636010_10153768076470961_4732279208994

Here's my squad

10403521_10153768076615961_5930042027357

Archived