Fabian Spiess

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

On a non football forum that I use one of the members is a Bristol Rovers fan and knowing I was a Notts fan he sent me this message about Fabian.

If you are on Notts county forum can you tell them Fabian Spiess your on loan goalkeeper to Bristol Rovers is getting very good reviews all round apart from talent that is for a young chap very brave as well.He was good last night on the BT televised Match where rovers came from behind twice to Win a 3/2 thriller against Gateshead...with both rovers keepers out badly injured County did Rovers a big favour loaning young Fabian

It's good to hear a first hand account of Fabian's progress, I'm glad he is doing well.

The question is will he be prepared for League One football? For me he just lacks game time and confidence, at his age sitting on the bench doesn't help and I hope he uses this to gave Roy the chase. He might not play much, in fact I suspect he won't replace Carroll but having him fight for it would keep him sharp. I'm pleased he's gaining praise, good lad and player.

The more game time and therefore experience he gets at Bristol the better.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad that he's doing well. Talented keeper - needs game time, experience and confidence. I can see him being retained & displacing Carroll some time during next season tbh. Carroll may have a couple of seasons, or more, in him but a ready made replacement would be better than risking a new signing imo.

Alternatively, if Speiss is going to be worth the mega bucks spoken about him a year or so ago - we play him for half a season and then cash in our chips, reverting back to good old Roy again.

Archived