League Link-Ups

Chris

1134e7e3e3bf3d864e10ed1ed3b465e2.png

I'd like to know what you think about the above article, this is a little bit of an experiment but please do read and share your opinions here in form of a discussion (by all means comment on the article) just head here to tell me if you feel we should be focusing more on our own system, if you agree with me and why or whatever you opinion on the matter is.

I feel strongly about giving any player the chance and although we have times where we voice concern, I know if they do well people will acknowledge that.

Derry could forge a name for being trusted with players, naturally clubs will only let youngsters out at first but I could see a partnership forming where by clubs know we can get the best out of experienced players, especially those who are struggling to get into their first team but the club wants to keep.

Click the image or Here; League Link-Ups; The Importance of Networking in Football.

So what did you think? Discuss...

i think its important we balance our expectations whilst working with sides, just as derry has done. it is important for notts, if it pays off we could see the rewards. nothing wrong with blooding youngsters, i just hope we can sign the quality that are out there and push on.

derry has done well opening the door, esp to forest.

Linking up has its benefits, we have seen that this season.

I think it is important to work with what you have and what you can get, we are in no position to sign the best players established and so working with leicester, derby etc could be a way forward. I think derry sees this has an advantage for us, it is worth trying to say the least.

Why not? What can go wrong with trying?

We should keep a good relationship with every football club but especially those within our own neck of the woods. The bigger clubs offer us a chance to add quality, if this is on a loan or free, it makes sense.

I enjoy reading your thoughts @notts-joe, well done.

I am delighted to see that the clubs working locally, sometimes it's worthwhile signing players on loan from out of that pool but where and when it's effective, I think the benefits of a local network is massive.

I've been saying on here for awhile that I would love us to work with Derby, who have sent some decent players out to us.

Callum Ball for example, I preferred him over Jake Cassidy.

Aslong as the club focus on all the local teams and not within one, we should be able to borrow their better players. It's quite interesting to see how we signed two from Wolves, two from Forest and now two from Derby. :P

As I've commented after the article,all parties benefit.Expenses are kept to a minimum and players gain valuable experience.

i think its important we balance our expectations whilst working with sides, just as derry has done. it is important for notts, if it pays off we could see the rewards. nothing wrong with blooding youngsters, i just hope we can sign the quality that are out there and push on.

derry has done well opening the door, esp to forest.

It is good to see the club working more closely, with teams. I would welcome us to work closely with villa and the leicester especially.

It would be nice to focus on networking with all the local sides, though i think we should target 2-3 and stick with their pool whereever we can. The hardest part about it would be to keep the door open i think.

Especially if managers end up leaving, who replaces them might not see it as being helpful.

@captain-ncfc - Fair point that.

It will be hard but that is where Derry can establish himself, if he becomes reputable with working with players, that should keep the door open without concern. It's a difficult task, though one he believes in and I really see the benefits.

Also, if the clubs board see that it makes sense I am sure they can talk managers into seeing it's something they will gain with.

Worst thing is to have talented players or hot prospects sitting on the bench.

Supporter+

I do like to see good permanent signings as opposed to short term loans because the players on loan never really have a feeling of belonging to the club, having said that I believe a club in our financial position can't always afford to make permanent signing especially ones that involve a transfer fee. So loan signings do play a part in modern football and it can only make sense that we have an arrangement with local clubs to take their young fringe players on loan and given them games, keeping them match fit and giving the young players valuable experience, its a win/win situation.

But please don't let's start signing any Mansfailed players on loan. :rollonfloorlaughing:

It puts us firmly in the door, players often sign because of what folks tell them.

Least, it's not always what people pretend by saying they only sign for the money. Not every footballer is a dummy or a fool and I wouldn't mind players seeing us a stock gap. I feel to some degree Alan Judge felt this.

He's the perfect example of how it can work, get him on loan and then sign him.

Just a shame we didn't sell him and make ourselves some money in the process because we all knew he would be leaving.

Archived