Police operation in progress

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Has anyone else noticed these signs that seem to pop up in all sorts of odd places?

I've never seen any police activity going on and they seem to be there for a week or so then disappear.

What's that all about?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Around here they get those useless CPO's to put them on.

A few weeks back I watched one (very Mr Bean like) put one up and for each one he did, he dropped like 10 and left them to blow a way. I don't really see the point in them to be honest. They did similar with dog fouling around here and guess what? They walk past people who allow their dogs to crap any and everywhere, they both walk off ignoring it.

Mind my local beat team ignore pretty much everything, I am surprised they closed the road behind my street when two idiotic gangs had that hissy fight.

First time I had seen so many police officers appearing to do something! Also, just to mention, I was walking to work awhile back and I learned the post office nearby had been robbed. It had been smashed into, though nothing was taken. There was 10 police cars and about 20 officers just walking around. #useless

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Around here they get those useless CPO's to put them on.

A few weeks back I watched one (very Mr Bean like) put one up and for each one he did, he dropped like 10 and left them to blow a way. I don't really see the point in them to be honest. They did similar with dog fouling around here and guess what? They walk past people who allow their dogs to crap any and everywhere, they both walk off ignoring it.

Mind my local beat team ignore pretty much everything, I am surprised they closed the road behind my street when two idiotic gangs had that hissy fight.

First time I had seen so many police officers appearing to do something! Also, just to mention, I was walking to work awhile back and I learned the post office nearby had been robbed. It had been smashed into, though nothing was taken. There was 10 police cars and about 20 officers just walking around. #useless

I'm afraid I don't have much confidence in the police nowadays either.

@super_ram I wonder why.

I should have also asked, I was walking at around 10 to 7am. The post office had been smashed into in the early hours (I later found out by a colleague who lived above it within a flat). As I past, multiple officers asked me if I had seen anything. You know, like 'I'm doing something' or at least to be seen. I must have been asked four times and I had walked to work, where I lived 15 minutes away.

My work colleague walked past the majority of them and they never asked her!!

They're closing the station near to us now, so people can't walk in to speak to them. It's a method to fob people off onto calling, it's not cost cutting measures because there's still officers inside!

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

only neighbourhood watch signs literally on every street corner and house window, plus the only messages nearby are about the tram works. the police are not very good around here either, they just grunt when you say hello and they look at me weird because i am young.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hmmm, I didn't really intend this to turn into an anti police thread, I was just curious to know what these signs were for.

For my part I have a respect for the police I think they do a very difficult job and sometimes put their lives on the line to protect the public, as we have seen recently in France. I know there are a few bad apples amongst them but I also know that the majority are in the job for the right reasons.

This is not a criticism of anyones comments, just my take on things.

@tonyhateley speak about the police and it will be become anti, especially in my presence.

Only decent force locally is Buwell's. ;)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Hmmm, I didn't really intend this to turn into an anti police thread, I was just curious to know what these signs were for.

For my part I have a respect for the police I think they do a very difficult job and sometimes put their lives on the line to protect the public, as we have seen recently in France. I know there are a few bad apples amongst them but I also know that the majority are in the job for the right reasons.

This is not a criticism of anyones comments, just my take on things.

You may remember me posting about the neighbours we had a few years back,well when we were seen by the 'neighbourhood police' they were mostly useless and made me and granny feel like we were the criminals.However it was very different when 'the real police' investigated incidents in our close(we weren't the ones who contacted them)

Regarding your original post ,I'm as mystified as you.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

To warn you not to pick up any big bags of money? Probably for legal reasons.

Archived