Coventry City

weymouthPIE

Been placed into administration by owners Sisu this evening.

It's seemingly been on the cards for years now, but I'm sure it dosen't soften the blow for Sky Blues fans.

I've watched both my clubs - Notts and Weymouth fall apart financially. It's one of the worst feelings in the world - not knowing what the future holds for your club.

City will lose 10 points and we'll go 10th but to be honest it never feels right when you do something due to anothers demise.

But then, I kinda count my lucky stars. Weymouth stayed up in 2010-11 and practically stayed in business due to Windsor & Eaton FC's demise. Great for us, but it still felt a tiny bit wrong.

For Coventtry's sake, I hope they sort everything out but sadly I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up in a worse position than Portsmouth.

Yet another football club being wrecked by incompetent owners and nothing's being done to stop it. It's still being allowed to happen!

I recall reading that they was struggling awhile back on a general football forum, some of their fans mentioned that's why David McGoldrick was sent back but I didn't know much truths was in it. Didn't make sense if this is the case, they would replace him but either way I do hope they managed to survive! Coventry are still seen as a true premier league team by me.

Some of my early footballing memories include watching them, even though they struggled. I respect for them and Wimbledon for this reason :(

Been placed into administration by owners Sisu this evening.

It's seemingly been on the cards for years now, but I'm sure it dosen't soften the blow for Sky Blues fans.

I've watched both my clubs - Notts and Weymouth fall apart financially. It's one of the worst feelings in the world - not knowing what the future holds for your club.

City will lose 10 points and we'll go 10th but to be honest it never feels right when you do something due to anothers demise.

But then, I kinda count my lucky stars. Weymouth stayed up in 2010-11 and practically stayed in business due to Windsor & Eaton FC's demise. Great for us, but it still felt a tiny bit wrong.

For Coventtry's sake, I hope they sort everything out but sadly I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up in a worse position than Portsmouth.

Yet another football club being wrecked by incompetent owners and nothing's being done to stop it. It's still being allowed to happen!

Who would buy a football club these days?

Disappointing, it's the fans who suffer and the club which could lose it's own history. I didn't know, nor aware of any trouble but I did hear some things regarding Clarke I think it was. Is it worse than Portsmouth? I hope for the sake of football in general nothing happens to them, same can be said for Swindon Town. 

Who would buy a football club these days?

Disappointing, it's the fans who suffer and the club which could lose it's own history. I didn't know, nor aware of any trouble but I did hear some things regarding Clarke I think it was. Is it worse than Portsmouth? I hope for the sake of football in general nothing happens to them, same can be said for Swindon Town. 

I always dream of doing it, I wouldn't now.

Then again, in the future.. I may consider (if I had the money) to buy a special team but I'd need to win the lottery many times, I mean big wins!! LOL

I think things will get worse for most clubs when going into administration, although some find there way out. I hope something gets done about it though, but in the current situation alot of shops and companies are also losing out so i am not surprised football clubs are either, as they have big financial outgoings.

Supporter+

I feel for the fans of any club that go into administration. I well remember the dark days of Notts County in a similar position and how we all felt and worried that our club would go out of existence.

Good luck to the Sky Blues fans.

Once again it's the fans suffering.I recall a midweek cup match at Derby v Plymouth in the 80's and the Rams had a high court visit the next day.At the end of the match there was a real feeling that our club was going to disappear,people were hugging each other and saying there goodbyes because they didn't think they would be back at the Baseball Ground again.Thankfully the worst was averted at the last minute.

There were rumours about last month that SISU were looking at moving into Nene Park - the former home of Rushden & Diamonds (who went bust) and Kettering Town (who are in a real sorry state now playing at Corby). That grounds a graveyard for football clubs...

It's not really good, I wonder how many unused stadiums are out there. I'm also sure the Football League could do more in order to prevent things like this, although I don't think the fair play rules will combat much really. I feel bad for Coventry, they've fallen a long way and thought quite hard to prevent it. :(

There were rumours about last month that SISU were looking at moving into Nene Park - the former home of Rushden & Diamonds (who went bust) and Kettering Town (who are in a real sorry state now playing at Corby). That grounds a graveyard for football clubs...

This is the route I was led to believe they would be following. Amazed my PNE mate over this. Told him sometime ago that it would happen before the end of March.

(Backed up from my lengthy discussion with a steward supervisor at the Ricoh stadium when we played there)

Whatever the reasons ,and where-ever the fault lies, for the financial failings of clubs,it will still not stop fans from demanding impossible monetary backing from their clubs owners.

Agree MM.A sad sign of the times.There's so much to be proud in this country (e.g.. The Olympics)but unfortunately there's also a lot that makes me worry.

Archived