Healthy Eating..

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

This goes hand in hand with the butter thread!

We have embraced the eating healthy revolution in our home at the moment. I must look like a salad at the moment. Oh for a KFC!

Anyway the cost of buying the food on a daily basis is astronomical! 

I have switched from sugar to Canderal, salads instead of chips, small portions, actifry to keep fat added to 0%, George Forman Grill to help etc...

Bloody expensive business this trying to be healthy.

Anyone else (not @PTID1862 and his two burgers!) do this on a regular basis and if so how do you afford it?!!!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@hissingdwarf - What no more Burger King? How will we spot you.

It's good to see but I think balanced is the best way, I should eat healthier. I'm planning to do some jogs around the block with Jake, that will do me. @PTID1862 is okay, he gets white envelope payments for voting ......

He could afford a fleet of boats now ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I do try to eat healthily, oven chips, fruit and fibre, fresh fruit, no sugar in my coffee and I try not to eat processed food too much.

The thing that let's me down is alcohol!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Pah ha ha... I eats very healthy...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Everything in moderation

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I try to eat a balanced diet generally, but when i'm out theres less healthy options. I think school teach healthy eating more than they used to because my kids are always asking if what they are eating is healthy and telling me if sugar is in it.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I tend to cook things more than I eat out, it's always healthy and on the odd occasion i may treat myself. Its important we look after ourselves the best that we can and i am quite fitness mad too.

Balanced diet is the smart way of eating. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We cook a lot of our own food, the hairy bikers cook books are really good, we used to have takeaways but now we cook our own it's a lot more healthy and we know what's gone in it and who's touched it. Mrs H does a great curry.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I went on a bit of a diet a while back, went down from 104 to 89 kg and have stayed there since. In Germany there's a free portal called FDDB where you can enter everything you eat (or the ingredients if you're cooking yourself) and it shows you how many calories you are eating. It calculates your rough daily requirement and the secret is to eat about 80-90% of what you need. For example, if you need 2800 kcal a day, you can lose weight sustainably by eating around 2300 while keeping an eye on fat etc. If you eat too little, your body goes into starvation mode, you build up more fat when eating less and you end up putting it all back on again.

What helped me was cutting out the fattening stuff that doesn't fill you up anyway. I saved a lot by switching from fizzy drinks/excessive quantities of fruit juice to water with a slice of lemon in it, and by eating cottage cheese instead of hard cheese. I was just as satisfied, but it was all easier on the waistline. That way I could still enjoy the odd big, greasy meal if I was careful for the rest of the day!

Archived