Gary Jones - NOT offered a contract

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

So, contrary to the information put out by the club, Gary Jones has not yet been offered a contract by the club.

A bit shoddy of the club IMO, to keep these guys hanging on and not getting in touch. Gary Jones was a professional throughout, and I would say that without him last season we could very well have finished last. Not a way to repay his efforts.

Plus, it's deceiving fans as-well. 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Gary-Jones-says-awaiting-contract-offer-Notts/story-26674879-detail/story.html

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

But doesn't July 1st come into it for some reason? 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's hard to say who's in the wrong here, the post have a tendency of publishing fiction as it is. It would be interesting to speak with Gary Jones, however if this is true the club should have out-rightly said they hadn't offered him a contract.

He's not a major signing, so I would understand him being released.

I value how hard he worked last year, yet we do need to move forward and I would hope for young, better, players to be on the list to sign. No disrespect towards him at all. He's a very friendly person, which he donated a signed shirt to the OSA which I believe he may have paid for in order to give it a way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not too fussed if we keep him or not.

But saying 'we are in negotiations' does not equate to 'yeah mate, I'll give you a ring', then nothing in a month, is taking the piss.

It's hard to say who's in the wrong here, the post have a tendency of publishing fiction as it is. It would be interesting to speak with Gary Jones, however if this is true the club should have out-rightly said they hadn't offered him a contract.

How can Gary Jones be in the wrong? He hasn't had an offer to mull over/negotiate with yet!

I'm no NEP fan boy, but I don't think they are going to start making quotes up.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

How can Gary Jones be in the wrong? He hasn't had an offer to mull over/negotiate with yet!

I'm no NEP fan boy, but I don't think they are going to start making quotes up.

Isn't negotiations basically an offer? If you discuss terms, I would class that and its common to read misquotes.

Nobody knows whose in the wrong here.

Despite it seeming like Jones is putting himself in the shop window. I mean why go to the press?

The main thing for me is being deceived by the club. By putting 'Negotiating', you would think they would have something to negotiate. As it turns out, 'negotiating' means, we don't want to say released but we're not sure if we're gonna offer a contract or not. 

I assume NEP contacted Jones and asked him if he is going to sign, to which he responds, I don't have anything to sign. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It seems a lot like the Alan Sheehan sega.

Nobody knows if Sheehan did reject us for more money, nobody really knows if we did in fact offer him the same or more. Just like this, we don't know what negotiating means, but I would suspect it includes a talk and possible an informal contract offer.

If the club didn't want his services, why not just add him to the released list?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I don't really care to be honest, more interested in who may be joining than one on the way out. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires but good luck to him.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I do agree that the club should handle its news, rather than the red rag getting wind of it.

I think Notts would have approached Jones about his services but a contract may not have been offered, it seems more of a piece to help Jones obtain a new club. It makes it sound like we are not interested in him, we cannot afford to have both smith and jones! Despite preferring if jones had of stayed.

So if thats the case we best move forward.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

I think we can start to focus more on our upcoming season, rather than Jones continuing his stay at the club.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i would have hoped we could have extended his stay with us, it seems a shame that we may not have offered him a contract. it also seems misleading from the club to imply that discussions are being had when nothing else is reported by them.

quite poor but what do we expect?

Archived