Forest Friendly?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What do you make of the supposed decision by Forest to cancel playing us in a friendly to celebrate their 150th year anniversary? Supposedly @erindoors reached an agreed mutually at a Football  League conference and after being asked to move the game to a Tuesday, it's since come out that Forest have no plans to play Notts.

In principle the attendance money is also claimed to have been set to 50/50.

@jsrjay

Should Forest explain themselves? Opinions?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

With their financial woes, it doesn't make any sense. You would think that being potless they would need all the revenue available...

Does this mean then they have also cancelled the open top bus?

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

Why cry over spilled milk? It sounds more about the loss of possible income, rather than the actual friendly itself. Enough said, we are Notts we move on.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

Its not good that the current city of football cannot have unity between two of its teams, yet I don't like commenting, if I don't have the fall story and we do not know why Forest haven't honoured their word.

It could be something fair.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think its being handled very well, i just read it like someone trying to use the draw of its fans and media to persuade forest that they dont know better for going about this supposed deal. that said, its not professional to go against any form of agreement but you must nail it down really.

i cant see how we can complain about it being unfair either.

forest have just been naughty here, nothing suspicious or untowards.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I think it makes us look like poor sports, we should have accepted their decision.

What does this type of response achieve? They will just say no but I do think both clubs come out looking equally as bad. Yet, it needn't have been like this at all.

• Content Count:  285

They know the score already, so why play? Notts would only make them look small time. ;)

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not that fussed about playing them to be honest, it might have been nice with Nottingham being the first city of football but it's not the end of the world. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

As much as we like to moan about our owners, I don't envy them lot having their owners. Their backroom seems a complete mess... missing payments to other clubs, missing payments to businesses, tax issues, winding up orders.....

Somethings not right. Going back on a verbally agreed friendly isn't a surprise given they can't keep up with their signed and sealed commitments. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I stand by my comments in the latest addition of the Pride of Nottingham PONcast, episode 9 (waits for the drums, lights and fireworks). :huh:

I wasn't remotely bothered about this, I don't think it's worthy of being repeated. It's like two siblings fighting over who can eat the last piece of an apple pie. One promised the other the remaining half but regardless, they decided to eat it. I don't think it's smart going against your word, these are things supposed to mean something but perhaps the Forest representative wasn't in a position to actually make any form of agreement?

Perhaps it's a different reason, including the fact they're unreasonable but the facts are we need to get over it.

We have more exciting things to be getting on with, as does Forest. Good luck to them this season, we'll be fine without playing them.

• Content Count:  109

I'm going to be very honest, I'm sitting totally on the fence with this.

Nothing was ever in concrete nothing was ever written down and sighed or we can go on is a handshake, which in this day and age means nothing. 

I'm not saying forest are in the wrong nor am I saying they were in the right.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The loss of income must be a big disappointment to the club but to be honest I'm not bothered I probably wouldn't have gone as these games often attract the worse fans from both clubs and it's not something I would want to witness.

Archived