• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Numer 2 and 11 are missing from that list, so hopefully we can expect something to happen in those positions. Alan Smith has been handed number 4, oh dear.

The squad still looks thin to me, and we have an awful lot of unknown quantities. It's still early days though.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Alan Smith has been handed number 4, oh dear.

That was exactly what I thought but I'm not sure numbers mean anything any more.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

That was exactly what I thought but I'm not sure numbers mean anything any more.

I think after last season even if he was given 99 I would still be worried! I was hoping for coach only with him never setting foot on the turf again!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Numer 2 and 11 are missing from that list, so hopefully we can expect something to happen in those positions. Alan Smith has been handed number 4, oh dear.

The squad still looks thin to me, and we have an awful lot of unknown quantities. It's still early days though.

Number 13 is also missing but is this due to superstition ? Numbers 23 - 27 are also missing?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Number 13 is also missing but is this due to superstition ? Numbers 23 - 27 are also missing?

Number 23 is David Beckham's number. Currently without a club, plays in a position we're short in, younger than Alan Smith.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I think after last season even if he was given 99 I would still be worried! I was hoping for coach only with him never setting foot on the turf again!

I reckon his experience will be invaluable through the season, tbh i cant see him playing more than 10 games, those will probably be to cover Gill Swerts if he gets injured / plays at right back

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Guys, squad numbers me little these days.

You see players given the old 1-11 and not even played, even within the Premiership. 22 is a common one for goalkeepers, however I would wish that they did stick to choosing their numbers more traditionally. Yet, Alan Smith can be a massive influence to Notts and again it's only a number. It's not major that he's been given the number 4, as is the missing numbers but that would suggest players will be coming in.

I'm really not interested about the numbers myself, I would rather see news regarding players coming in or improvements behind the scenes/around the ground.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Does anyone actually care? Numbers mean very little to me. It's all down to how they perform for me ;)

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i would have switched some around but as @notts-joe mentioned numbers mean very little these days.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Gone are the days where you had a 1-11 numbering system unfortunately. Makes me laugh when managers say I want a real number 9, sign one and he runs out wearing number 47 or something stupid.

Archived