Stevenage Away travel tips

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For those of us making the away trip to Stevenage, here is some info that may or may not be helpful.

If travelling by car:
(postcode is SG2 8RH)
- Leave A1(M) at Junction 7 and head into Stevenage.
- Cross over first roundabout (2nd exit)
- Cross over second roundabout (2nd exit) and free parking (500 spaces) is available on your left at Fairlands Valley car park. The ground will be on your right.
- Once you have parked please make your way safely to the ground via the underpass to the far right, by the roundabout. Please do not cross the dual carriageway by running across it.

Note:Please do not park in the adjacent Roaring Meg retail park. New parking rules recently imposed by the Roaring Meg management restrict parking to 90 minutes on a match day, which comes into effect two hours before kick-off. Anyone exceeding this time limit could face a £100 fine. Parking is available in nearby residential streets but we ask fans to be considerate with their parking and not to block driveways.

Fancy a beer?

TheBroadhall Suite is the supporters bar, otherwise there is not much in the way of pubs near to the ground. Still if you like your real ale then it is worth taking the 15 minute walk to the 'Our Mutual Friend' pub in Broadwater Crescent. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide offers seven beers on hand pump, plus real cider and perry. 'The Roebuck Inn on London Road, about a ten minute walk away from the away end may be worth a visit. It's an old tudor building pub with a Best Western Hotel attached. It serves real ale and on my visit it was quite easy to get served. To find this pub; then with your back to the away end, you'll see a wooded path to the left down the side of London Road. Keep following that and it will bring you out by a roundabout, with the pub located on the opposite side.'

The South Stand

Is where away fans are housed… It looks ok, modern enough, it certainly sounds as though they have some good nosh on offer…Pies (£2.50), Baconburgers (£4), Cheeseburgers (£3.50), Burgers (£3), Chicken Burgers (£3), Veggie Burgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3) and Cheese Dogs (£3.50 But apparently these can sell out pretty quick if there is a crowd….

Anybody else have away travel tips for this fixture?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

How much are they paying you in commission? Good post though! All the info one should need for the first away game of the season.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i may try to travel to this game myself, i plan to make 6-7 away games this season so.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Stevenage is on the East Coast Main Line and can thus be reached directly by train from Newark North Gate, Retford or Grantham in about an hour. I don't know how far the ground is away from the station though. Might be worth investigation for those who aren't keen on driving.

@AmericanPie up the steps... in the door... turn right... and buckle up

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Stevenage is on the East Coast Main Line and can thus be reached directly by train from Newark North Gate, Retford or Grantham in about an hour. I don't know how far the ground is away from the station though. Might be worth investigation for those who aren't keen on driving.

By Rail

Stevenage train station is on the East Coast main line and has regular services running between the capital and the north. First Capital Connect trains run between London Kings Cross (from 25 mins) and Peterborough (50 mins). Many East Coast mainline services also stop at Stevenage providing travel options between London, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Edinburgh.

On arrival at the station you then have three options to continue your journey to The Lamex:

By Bus: The SB5 bus will take you to the ground and takes five to 10 minutes. To return to the bus station from The Lamex you will need to take the SB4 bus from the bus stop outside the north end of the ground.

By Taxi: A taxi will take five minutes and cost approximately £5. Turn left out of the ticket barriers, take the next left down stairs and the taxi rank is immediately on your left.

By Foot: The train station is approximately one mile from the ground and is easily accessible using the town's footpaths and pedestrian underpasses. Turn left out of the ticket barriers and take the next stairs on the right, prior to the bridge. Head along the A602, Lytton Way, with the railway and car parks on your right hand side. At the roundabout with Stevenage police station, take the second exit into Six Hills Way. At the next roundabout take the third exit (right) continuing along the A602 Monkswood Road, passing Asda on your right and North Herts College. After about 1/2 a mile you will arrive at a roundabout and The Lamex will be directly in front of you.

Read more at http://www.stevenagefc.com/fans/AwayFans.aspx#bZkWkWBomTEUpc05.99

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks PTID helps a lot

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Might as well add for those who don't want to drive down that we have 29 coach tickets left, prices are on notts' website too.

• Content Count:  8

Morning all... Me and the brother were planning on getting the supporters coach to Stevenage next weekend, does anyone know whether you can book the supporters coach travel online and if so, could you point me in the right direction.

Come on then guys... anybody help Ladybrook out?

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Small snippet from a reliable source.

Notts will be wearing the 3rd 'Blue' kit for the Stevenage game [emoji6] [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't believe you can, however it is possible via the phone. I am hoping to confirm my travel tomorrow, however I will be popping down to collect my season ticket also.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

And @LadybrookPie, if you do it by phone, think you can arrange for tickets to be left at Collection point on Meadow Lane and pick up on the day. Just check with ticket office though. 

• Content Count:  8

Thanks guys, would of preferred to do it over the phone but the ticket office couldn't take payment on my card, something about the type of card. Just would of made it easier as I live in Mansfield, but I couldn't risk it so jumped in the car and went down to the ticket office to book supporters coach as that's where i intend on doing some sleeping.(also managed to pick up my season ticket whilst i was down there.. WIN WIN). I don't finish work till 7am Saturday morning.. then it's straight home to get ready for the big day,
Pffft sleeping is overated anyway.

@LadybrookPie I hope the footy is exciting then to keep you awake

Archived