Notts vs Scunny (Friendly)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I agree about the CB need to work harder as a pair together, the problem is that we have not got a centre back parternship with 7 days to Stevenage!

Behind the close door friendly could perhaps help, plus there's training. Plenty of time to work on this, I say get Deano to provide extra drills and training sessions for the defenders.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I won't blame the referee either because I didn't witness his decisions.

His performance tonight was the refereeing equivalent of Guy Branstons 45 minutes for us.

We looked solid and quickly stamped our authority on the game and Jenners goal was genuine class, won't see much better moves or goals this season thats for sure.

Gill swerts gave the back four a calmness and the combination of Alan Smiths experience and Curtis Thompsons running easily overcame their midfield, once we started chopping it about we lost that constant drive, Kyle de Silva was crap to be britally honest yet Stanley Aborah is a joy to watch and I emplore those that haven't seen him play to do so

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It sounds like it turned out to be quite poor, that is a shame. I noticed we had scored, just before the half time whistle? I hoped we would retain the lead.

It sounds like it turned out to be quite poor, that is a shame. I noticed we had scored, just before the half time whistle? I hoped we would retain the lead.

I'd say quite the opposite, we were a joy to watch and I for one would be worried if I was a Stevenage fan

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Aborah and Burke don't play in the same position, Aborah is the ball player in midfield Burke is a far more offensive player.

Yeah I know but would change formation to accommodate for him

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

So am I right in thinking we were good until the team was changed around with subs?

How many subs came on?

• Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Stevenage are potentially a top 10 side, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. They are a big test for a side whose defence isn't in any way solid. It should be an interesting battle.

So am I right in thinking we were good until the team was changed around with subs?

How many subs came on?

We were very good, very dynamic and we pressed very well also, Jenner was far better once he swapped wings with De Silva as Curtis kept coming over into his space (probably due to being naturally right footed). The move for the goal was very good and you can see that our imports have a far better understanding of movement with & without the ball than their English counterparts. As for the defending their wasn't a problem with the defensive unit last night, Mawouna Amevor looked very good and the No 5 won everything, he looked a little tired as the game wore on which did lead to one of their goals but as a team De Silva and Sneijders need to actually try & defend or at least cut the space for the opposing players to run into rather than just standing still watching the game pass them by.

Aborah & Curtis look the ideal midfield pairing tbh as they are both compliment each others game perfectly.

All in all we hammered them and teams in our league will struggle to keep up with the constant tide after tide of attack.

Stevenage are potentially a top 10 side, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. They are a big test for a side whose defence isn't in any way solid. It should be an interesting battle.

Given last nights performance we will blow them away before they have had chance to get into the game, the only concern is the referee as Scunthorpe had been sent out to just kick Aborah all over the pitch which they did with the assistance of Mr Darren Deadman.

Supporter+

There's a massive difference between friendlies and league games. Personally I feel Notts are somewhere between the Grimsby game and last night. We have 46 games and it will come right eventually.

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Given last nights performance we will blow them away before they have had chance to get into the game, the only concern is the referee as Scunthorpe had been sent out to just kick Aborah all over the pitch which they did with the assistance of Mr Darren Deadman.

I admire your confidence and hope you are right, but next week against Stevenage will be very tough, and if we don't sort out our play defensivlely we will lose!

• Content Count:  49

Referee ruined it. Seriously how could you not give a penalty on noble. Clear foul

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  49

To everyone saying our defending was pour... very wrong. Our whole team was on par last night, stanlee and curtis controlling the game. 3 trialest defenders and they did very well, we got caught on a counter attack twice and they passed it across goal twice to score. Not much any team could of done really! Jenner and genero need to track back more. Good game though

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Supporter+

Yes there is, you don't allow players to get into a position to cross or pass it across your goal. It's not always the full backs at fault but they get the blame. Notts have to pressurize teams higher up the pitch. That requires the team defending as a whole.

• Content Count:  57

i was there. the goals they scored no defence would of been able to stop, maybe the second one because the attackers never tracked back ( 4 players ) but the first goal was so quick our defenders couldnt handle it. they did their best

i was there. the goals they scored no defence would of been able to stop, maybe the second one because the attackers never tracked back ( 4 players ) but the first goal was so quick our defenders couldnt handle it. they did their best

scunthorpes first goal was awful, the trialist right full back pushed up and totally lost his man, didn't you see see the rollicking Roy Carroll gave him!

• Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

I was surprised when Dean Yates got the job of defensive coach.

I always thought of him as being a bit too nice to be a centre half, allowing Short or Sir Charlie have a word in the ear of forwards who were a bit rough. he was never a leader and I cannot see him being one now. we will need to be big and physical at the back, something Dean did not excel at. He was a more cultured player, something you cannot coach overnight.

I  like him a lot but wonder if this appointment is the heart ruling the brain.

Archived