Doncaster Rovers Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,003
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had to go down town today, so I took advantage of being there and had a nice walk to Meadow Lane. We've got our tickets sorted, so this will defiantly be Ellie's first visit to an away game (despite now telling me she isn't going). I think the fact Kate won't be coming, it makes her a little nervous but if Jake can be fine around new people I know Ellie can.

Not only is Jake excited, I am. I think this will be the game to give the players a good sending off, which I'm sure Coventry will also be but hopefully if Doncaster gain promotion we'll see them become inspired.

With the football from the previous game (Colchester) I think there's much more to be positive about, the fact the majority of fans wanted to see youngsters included and we have seen it work, hopefully Doncaster can be another game where we can see some of our other players establish themselves as League One players, don't get me wrong the odd game doesn't make a player but it's the ultimate boost. Nangle will be full of confidence and I hope we cheer them all on, even the players who some feel haven't been giving 100%.

The game will very much go down to control and determination in my opinion, I think they'll come at us and try to hit us hard. Possible, aiming to make vulnerable weaker but this is where the experience and team work can have it's own impact.

I think we'll see a 2-2 draw, I just have this feeling we'll take the lead and hold them at 2-1 until the final minutes but it could go anyway really.

COYP!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

would be nice to win mate but i think a draw would be good tbh. not that i am being negative, just think donny will be up for it

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not too sure on the score... we played well in the last game but doncaster aren't doing bad themselves. I will hope for a win but not sure about it.

I hope everyone enjoys the game.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It'll be interesting to see if Chris persists with the youngsters, I see no reason to change a winning team unless injuries intervene, or perhaps he still wants to see some other players he's not managed to get a look at in a competitive game.

If he plays the youngsters again I think a Doncaster side playing at home will be too strong for our young lads but I hope I am wrong.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

I will be in my prisoner outfit tomorrow. Hope we keep wheres wally prisoners in there own half all match. Heres to a great day out sing your hearts out for the pride of nottingham.

I will be in my prisoner outfit tomorrow. Hope we keep wheres wally prisoners in there own half all match. Heres to a great day out sing your hearts out for the pride of nottingham.

Couldn't agree more Steve! I hope we hear the chant at the game, it's been awhile since I have. I'm not dressing up, though my two little one's will be but minds keep changing as to what they're going dressed as. We'll see :P

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Have a good day Notts-Joe and everybody else making the trip, safe journey all! sing loud and proud :)

Can see us getting a result tommorow. Donny are under pressure but haven't exacly stood out this season, while we're playing for nothing but have a lot of youngsters trying to stake their claims for places in the side next season. Who knows?

If Notts win, Weymouth win and Bournemouth bottle it at home to Carlisle this would be a good weekend :lol: COYP

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Welcome to the community Steve, enjoy the match tomorrow.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I hope all the travelling fans have a great day out.

I'm pretty impressed and very pleased, we've shown that with unity and the fans on side our club have something very special. Why can we play better away from home? We need to replicate the passion from today, it was amazing and Ellie enjoyed the day. Jake also did, though it's Ellie's first and I wanted to make sure she caught the bug which makes you want to travel away also. I'm very proud of them both :)

The game was a little slow at first, although the lads put in a great shift and our goal looked like a training ground move. (finally!!)

So many of players deserve mentioning, although each played their part. I felt a little sorry for Liddle however who seemed to be struggling with their pitch and I did overhear some disrespectful comments considering the amount of fine performances he's put into our club, yet I shouldn't be surprised as it happened with Bart when he allowed the soft goal in.

Overall a pretty decent display, I was biting my nails towards the end. They wanted it, though we wanted the 3 points even more!

Well Done Notts :D

Glad you all enjoyed your awayday and got the result you all wanted.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

What a fabulous afternoon and a good performance by Notts. I thought they all played well but great to see Pearce partnering Leacock. Fantastic goal by Labardie and two wins in a row. Proud to wear my Notts shirt walking back to the car through the stunned Donny supporters. Definitely spoilt their party today. U pies

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Fantastic result today, had a feeling we could get a result for some reason. Hope you all had a great day out, already looking forward to next season but it'd be great to end this season with a flurish. Well done Notts! YOU PIES

Great day down here too with Weymouth beating Barwell 2-1 :) Although there is a sense of 'what might have been' had we not gone and lost 5 in a row at exacly the wrong time

It was a superb atmosphere in the Notts end. Think all the singing spurred the lads on to win. Good to meet @notts-joe today. Looking forward to next season already.

It was a superb atmosphere in the Notts end. Think all the singing spurred the lads on to win. Good to meet @notts-joe today. Looking forward to next season already.

I didn't realize at first, I wasn't really with it. Very pleased to meet you also :) @MuddyPatchPie

The atmosphere were immense, very impressive and it goes to show how the support makes a great day. We could have won 1-0 and heard nothing, though the singing and chants will be something most will remember and hopefully Ellie will come more often now she's been bitten by the bug of 'away days'.

I didn't realize at first, I wasn't really with it. Very pleased to meet you also :) @MuddyPatchPieThe atmosphere were immense, very impressive and it goes to show how the support makes a great day. We could have won 1-0 and heard nothing, though the singing and chants will be something most will remember and hopefully Ellie will come more often now she's been bitten by the bug of 'away days'.

Buzzing today. I spotted the T-Shirt so I had the advantage of realising who you were! I should have introduced myself by my username but hoped you'd guess who I was haha :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Great game, another win! We played better today and the Notts crowd looked good today, especially the dressed up fans :ahappy:

Shame i didn't get to see more photos of my daughter at her first away game but she definitely enjoyed it as much as Jake always does.

I hope everyone had fun today. I should be going to the last game and bringing Ava along too! Not sure where i'll be sitting though. -_-

I wonder what the topic of conversation will be when Grandma and me call round your house on Sunday? :lol:

Buzzing today. I spotted the T-Shirt so I had the advantage of realising who you were! I should have introduced myself by my username but hoped you'd guess who I was haha :)

I felt a little rude, as at first I were a little unsure. (also caught of guard) It's usually me trying to do the spotting, which makes me sound like a stalker. LOL I just enjoy looking out for those I've gotten to know, so despite my slowness I did realize in the end. :D

Great game, another win! We played better today and the Notts crowd looked good today, especially the dressed up fans :ahappy:

Shame i didn't get to see more photos of my daughter at her first away game but she definitely enjoyed it as much as Jake always does.

I hope everyone had fun today. I should be going to the last game and bringing Ava along too! Not sure where i'll be sitting though. -_-

I blame @Dan I shouted him quite a lot, I hoped he would but I'm afraid he ended up disappointing me. Then again, he did take many photos of our fans and that's always nice to see.

I wonder what the topic of conversation will be when Grandma and me call round your house on Sunday? :lol:

Super Ram is Secret Shocker? I think that's the headline on our main page tomorrow. Topic discussion when you come over? I don't know, I'm sure you tell me Derby won. *yawns* :yawn:

@Italian Magpies - Giorgio I had to cancel, couldn't fill the mini bus but in the future. Pete Pacey kindly had seats spare, so I travelled with your friends. Lisa painted Jake's face and he loved it. They really made us feel welcome and at home, I haven't been nervous around them and I actually feel somewhat saddened that I started getting to know people more now, since it is near the end of the season. Jake loves it though :)

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I laughed at how the scoreboard malfunctioned at around 60-70 minutes. "One nil and we ain't kicked off!"

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

This was a great game with a fantastic team effort, If we had played like that more this season we would be pushing for promotion without a doubt.

Defensively Excellent !!!

This was a great game with a fantastic team effort, If we had played like that more this season we would be pushing for promotion without a doubt.

Defensively Excellent !!!

I agree @MADPIE

Excellent performance, very impressive. We tend to invite the pressure but when we defend like that, well it's a bonus. Young Fabian Spiess did very well, it's nice to have a prospect such as a keeper from our system. I hope we go to Meadow Lane with fresh confidence against Coventry and fingers crossed fans will see that things are coming good. Welcome to the community :)

• Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

sorry i did not go, wanted to but could not afford it. the match sounded good, glad we won and that i was not right.

glad to hear the support was there too.

Archived