SIGNED... Jack Barmby

Super_Danny_Allsopp

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Attacking midfielder / Left winger.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Are they on crystal meth at ML or something?!

Left wing - Jenner, Campbell, Burke
Attacking Mid - Noble, Thompson, Stead, Aborah. 

Centre Backs - Hollis and a CM, or Hollis and a fitness coach.

I can't be the only one?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's very odd that they aren't making the defence a priority, I can't understand it at all, perhaps more signings are on the horizon.

Notts County are delighted to announce the signing of Jack Barmby on loan from Premier League side Leicester City.

The attacking midfielder, who has previous experience of League Two from a loan spell with Hartlepool United in 2013/14, will stay at Meadow Lane until November 13th.

Jack said: "It's important that I get some first-team experience at a competitive level of football.

"I watched the game against Crawley last night and thought we were unlucky to go behind but the players responded well and looked comfortable in the end after a good performance.

"Notts County was the only club in League Two I would have signed for."

Head of Recruitment Guy Branston added: "I have tracked Jack for years since his days playing in the Milk Cup for Manchester United.

"I also watched him during his time with Hartlepool where he terrorised League Two defences on the left wing and in the number 10 position.

"Jack gives us options in different positions. He has a clever footballing brain which can unlock defences but he also liked to get at full backs from his predominantly left-sided position."

Jack is eligible for Saturday's home game with York City, subject to Football League ratification.

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/jack-barmby-becomes-signing-number-20-2707971.aspx#KuTOGovp1JTUcp3r.99

What makes it even more annoying for me, is that Moniz said we want to concentrate on bringing in our own players rather than loans. Hence the big squad, surely? To go and sign a player who will be in direct competition with 3/4 of our younger players, plus ones that have performed well, sends out the wrong message IMO. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not impressed with this. No offence to the player, but more the signing itself. As above, DEFENCE!!! and use our own youngsters which we do have for that role.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Attacking midfielder / Left winger.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are they on crystal meth at ML or something?!

Left wing - Jenner, Campbell, Burke
Attacking Mid - Noble, Thompson, Stead, Aborah.

Centre Backs - Hollis and a CM, or Hollis and a fitness coach.

I can't be the only one?

abroah is more a CDM then attacking mid but you have stead noble Thompson Milsom de silva so it really makes no sense but hey if he scores goals I couldn't care less

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

A bit puzzling isn't it, considering we need to shore up the defense. Oh well time will tell. 

plus is this really a moniz signing or a branston signing ?

Branston scouted him.... but I assume Moniz has the final decision.... who knows anymore. Derry's scattergun is back

see now this is all messed up to me branston scouts an watches games etc an recommends players now anyone with a ouch of intelligent would realise we need a central defender general battler grafter type I mean we have noble de silva Burke Thompson now this lad who can all do the number 10 role that's 5 players on same position oh he can play left wing to okay so Campbell Burke and Jenner and himself I wonder what the scouting system is are they just picking a position out of a hat blind lottery an then picking a name out of a hat blind folded or something

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Unless this bloke turns out to be a sensational, free scoring wide man it is a puzzling signing.

Burke is, undoubtedly, talented but too often peripheral. Campbell is a terrier and a constant threat on either flank. Noble is bonkers but occasionally lethal and always involved. Jenner, admittedly, is utterly useless and wouldn't cause a problem to an under 15 team tbh - but that is another story, quite why we signed a bloke who retired a year previously and is, clearly, past it and cr@p is beyond me. Moniz seems to like him tho'! (He signed the plank, then again, he signed Swerts - who is equally as ineffective. Think he must be related to gem both in some way and owes the family a favour!)

However, from amongst that lot you would think we'd think we'd got left midfield covered.

he can also play upfront and maybe he might play him off McLeod who knows Campbell is a danger but the thing is he tires out an can't score Jenner is just Jenner if he's fit who knows doesn't look it but swerts has expierence to play for Belgium and in the champions league you have had to have a decent career an some expierence don't care what anyone says about that but Jenner is a mystery still as he has no pace maybe he might play him up top or off McLeod like Murray did with spencer or maybe moniz is realising stead isn't up to the job after all saying that he could of tried stead with McLeod but what do I know I'm just a fan who pays for his season ticket year after year

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I assume it's to cover for injuries? We do have a fair few right? It's very hard to keep track on right now.

Regardless, if he creates chances, assists or scores - It would prove the deal was worthwhile. I do think attacking would take pressure of the defence but I also would say that we need a centre back more importantly.

Let's hope this lad just does well, give him a chance.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

I work with a lot of Leicester fans and he is very highly rated, if he improves our team I don't care who's place he takes, I just want to see us win every game 😉

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

he looked confident and a few games a way from being class! very good on the ball and being direct.

what did others make of him?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think he made a difference when he came on, a little greedy and wanting the ball to much - yet attacking minded players are like this and for me he looked good enough for League One.

He does need to pass, time his runs better but his crosses seemed good, as did his direction.

Overall, I am looking forward to seeing him.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I need more time, I don't question his ability at this stage. He looks to have skill but distribution could be a lot better.

Archived