Leyton Orient (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Orient accompanied us into L2 last season. One of the favourites for promotion from L1, their season was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish. 

Orient would have been many peoples tip to go straight back up this season and they started in spectacular fashion with 5 wins from 5 games. They have hit a bump in the road since though and haven't won in their last 5. Their latest defeat was a 2-1 home defeat to Carlisle. 

Orient have 2 quality players in Dean Cox and Jay Simpson. Cox is a real goal scoring threat from midfield. Simpson is an out and out goal scorer. 

Orient are a bit like Notts in that they like to play neat and attractive football. I think this will suit us. It has all the makings of a cracking game. I'm going for 3-2 to Notts. Izzy (2) and Campbell. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

A win would be good, although i would accept a draw at this point. I hope we have no arguments between team members again.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

orient 3-1 we can't defend and we ship in goals after this game we will be back to 16-17th were we started an sorry it's just not looking bright at all it's like when you paint over a crack yea on the surface it looks pretty an neat but under it the fault is still there I just can't see us gettin near the top 11 this season massive failure unless moniz picks up points on the road it won't be enough to get out the bottom half that's my view only

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Jesus Christ, we're only 11 games in.

They seem to be working with the same 11 to get a bit of consistancy in the team.

So we're not Steam rolling the league, the sky is falling!!!

We only have to get to 7th place BTW!!

HAVE A GREAT D DAY

7th place u mad ? not sure if you've seen us play lately but 7th place is a miles away we struggled to beat York despite taking them apart and only gettin 1 last nite was apailing and we have got orient then Plymouth 6 points right there difficult then sheff united in JPT then Yeovil at home until we can actually kill games off and not concede we are billion miles off 7th sorry to be realistic with you when we start killing games 7th could be possible even against York they had chances at the end of they had anyone decent in front of goal they could of pinched it at end I'm predicting 14-15th at best this year prove me wrong

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Knowing Notts, we will make this look easy and win.

Again, much depends on how Orient play. They are doing well, which is good to see after the trouble their fans have faced. I have a lot of respect for the club, so I know just how difficult this game can be but I think it will be like our home game against Luton. If it was, I would be happy about it. Obviously if both teams play well, this may end up as a draw.

Not sure about the score currently, I will do my homework and come back.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I firmly believe that we can win this IF we play to our best, Orient are beginning to stutter after a good start, if Moniz can get the team to play like they did for 30 minutes against York then we are in with a chance.

Should be a good game.

What formation and squad line-up would everyone go for?

I think after reading Moniz comments, we are in store for a few more changes.

442 for the love of God McLeod an stead would create all kinds of problems snidjers and Campbell and noble an Thompson in middle bein on Stanley if 2-0 up to slow the game down back four Sheehan holis eddy and Hewitt simple I'd rather go ultra attacking than one up top

Try again @[member="DangerousSausage"]

-----

My Facebook's gone into meltdown, I dare no look on Twitter. This isn't to say it's not understandable, yet I am trying to keep focused because just a few wins will change things and Orient are a difficult team to play.

Really, if we fielded the strongest squad - would the defeat be acceptable?

*sigh...

Try again @[member="DangerousSausage"]

-----

My Facebook's gone into meltdown, I dare no look on Twitter. This isn't to say it's not understandable, yet I am trying to keep focused because just a few wins will change things and Orient are a difficult team to play.

Really, if we fielded the strongest squad - would the defeat be acceptable?

*sigh...

yes cause if you're best11 lose you can say right they were better but when you drop ur first team for the reserves it's disrespectful to the fans more the anything and if he is saving them for a JPT game God help us now in fact Notts joe if we get near the top 8 il buy you a pint cause with joker in charge no chance and that's what makes it worse orient are a strong team at this level so does it not make more sense to match them with our strong team

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm not normally a pessimistic type of person but I must admit I am becoming a little worried about some of Moniz's eccentric ways.

I can't see any justification for fielding a team that was basically a reserve team for a league match, surely the time to make 9 changes is in Tuesday in the JPT?

I wonder what the dressing room reaction is to some of these strange decisions? If he loses the players respect then he will be doomed.

Tony he has already lost the dressing room clearly how you can drop Carroll is a mystery to me me an ma dad was sayin carrol would walk into top league one teams let alone league two why pay 150k for McLeod an leave him out if this excuse is the JPT he needs sacking now cause that's ridculious I bet Carroll McLeod noble holis Hewitt Burke will be pissed off for sure

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Just watched the highlights. What a great team goal Notts scored. Quick thinking, great pass, great finish by Stead. The defending? Awful again. First goal was an inability to get the ball away, 2nd was a Loach error, third was a rocket so no blame there.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The defending will be awful if you don't steady the defence down, stick with them and work on it. If Moniz cannot do this, he will be repeating the same mistakes and I just wonder how many turning it will take before he realises this?

No sarcasm directed to anyone but 9 changes is poor.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

That was a really strange game yesterday. I made the trip up to London quietly confident that we could get a good result against an out of form side, right up until I checked Twitter at 2pm and saw the team. I've never ever seen any manager make such drastic changes from one league game to the next, I dont understand it. Sure, rest a few players if need be but NINE changes!? Sorry but thats a joke. We were making progress, and Orient must've been rubbing their hands together when they saw the team sheet.

First half you could tell they were unfamilier with eachother too, we wer absolutely all over the shop and were lucky not to be 3-0 down at half time. Poor old Jimmy tried hi hardest but can no support whatsoever up front, their keeper didnt touch it first half.

Adam Campbell coming on for Sheehan seemed odd at the time, but his and McLeod's introduction made an instant impact. We stunned them with the equaliser in the first minute of the second half and suddenly we looked a different side. We were playing it around really nicely and had 3 or 4 fantastic chances to go in front. They had offered nothing in the second half right up until we gave the ball away in midfield and gifted them a soft second goal. The third goal was an absolute stunner, fair play to him.

Frustrating, because in the second half that team showed what it could actually do, but I genuinely believe if we'd fielded a similar side to the last few games we would've got at least a point yesterday. Have to say I was pretty annoyed at travelling all that way to see a side I'd expect Moniz to put out on Tuesday night. Made no sense.

Alan Smith continued to live in denial that he's passed his sell by date, Audel cant block a football, Sprockel cant head one, Swerts is a waste of space. But Curtis Thompson picked up where he left off, Campbell made a big difference and Scott Loach looked solid between the sticks. They didnt deserve to be on the losing side.

I'm intrigued to see what sort of side I'll be seeing when I come up for the Plymouth match next week. Yesteday was just bizzarre. When I saw the side I'd already accepted defeat, but in truth we had enough chances to get something

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

expect Carroll to be benched and McLeod and noble and Burke against Plymouth cuz this muppet has had a fall out with em simple as that and he's to stubborn

Either that or he used a bingo machine to pick the side!

we all know someone as said sumat an he didn't like it an the players took that persons side so he dropped em to make a statement which is idiotic because if we had quality to replace the players he dropped fair enough but we don't he needs to go if we get nothing out of next few games we are in trouble I can't help but feel two up top in McLeod and stead would cause defenders all kinds of nightmares but hey 451 is the way not

Archived