The Old Scoreboard

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Does anyone remember this scoreboard. There used to be a man in there with lots of numbers and you had to look in the programme to see which matches A, B, C etc were. At half time he put numbers in the corresponding windows to show the scores up and down the country.

He always used to tease us when putting up the Fword score, if he had a 3 in his hand he would go to put in one side or the other and then back again, so we didn't know whether they had scored 3 or had 3 scored against them. Obviously if they were losing a big cheer would go up or groan if winning.

Always used to make me laugh.

post-69-0-62227400-1366807518_thumb.jpg

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,002
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I recall seeing it, I can remember the one after that too.

I wished they could more with the current scoreboard, there's a lot of 'life' the club could inject into games and give us a push. I'm not criticizing, just a wish.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The new scoreboard is a vast improvement on the previous incarnations, maybe one day we'll get one of those fancy screen thingys that Munto promised us. I rather see money spent on players to get us out the division though.

• Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

i dont, think the last used to flash when i was very little. the new one is nice but i agree with joe.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think the first one i saw was the one before the current one.

That one in the picture looks and sounds quite funny, especially when he was teasing you all.

It sounds abit like when the buses used to have numbers and places that the bus driver put up when he stopped. Then it went to roller ones where the bus driver roles it around to the right number and place. Now its all computerized and its near enough updated as it goes along automatically.

Archived